Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Battery fell out drone is lost!

First post to the sight.

I have 14 flights on my Spark with no issues. Took the drone out to the country today to fly while daughter was at a 4 hour softball practice. I launched the drone in beginner mode and went out about 100 feet and 25 up. As I was turning the drone the battery fell off. I saw it come down to the ground and spent an hour searching the field, but I was unable to locate the drone, grass was about 4 feet tall.
Used the app and last known locations but for the life of me I was not able to locate it. I am not a frequent flyer and I would say much a beginner and I am extremely cautious when flying the Spark . I have never had any issues until today and viewing the forum this seems to be an issue I was unaware of. I bought the Spark in November 2017 with the DJI Care, not sure what to do at this point. Pretty frustrstung to spend $700 only to have it lost from an issue with DJI Spark batteries. Extremely disappointed in DJI, I see now there is an aftermarket accessory to hold the battery in place, but if this was an issue perhaps DJI should have included this is their Fly More Combo.

Sorry about the rant, but big failure for DJI![/QUOT
First post to the sight.

I have 14 flights on my Spark with no issues. Took the drone out to the country today to fly while daughter was at a 4 hour softball practice. I launched the drone in beginner mode and went out about 100 feet and 25 up. As I was turning the drone the battery fell off. I saw it come down to the ground and spent an hour searching the field, but I was unable to locate the drone, grass was about 4 feet tall.
Used the app and last known locations but for the life of me I was not able to locate it. I am not a frequent flyer and I would say much a beginner and I am extremely cautious when flying the Spark . I have never had any issues until today and viewing the forum this seems to be an issue I was unaware of. I bought the Spark in November 2017 with the DJI Care, not sure what to do at this point. Pretty frustrstung to spend $700 only to have it lost from an issue with DJI Spark batteries. Extremely disappointed in DJI, I see now there is an aftermarket accessory to hold the battery in place, but if this was an issue perhaps DJI should have included this is their Fly More Combo.

Sorry about the rant, but big failure for DJI!

Update

DJI finally stood beside their product and sent a refurbished Spark to me. I can tell you that is was an absolute battle dealing with Customer Support and extremely frustrating. I have to thank DJI for finally stepping up! I will now be flying with a battery clip going forward. Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Did you just look at the map and try and find it or did you use the "Find My Drone" in the DJI Go4 app that gives you the exact longitude and latitude of where it last had power? If you use the find my drone app it will take you to the exact spot that it lost power. If it was only 25 feet up and you were turning it shouldn't be more than a few feet from where it dropped to the ground. You can also plug those coordinates into Google maps and it will guide you to that exact spot. You may have already tried all of this but I had a very similar experience where my battery gave out over a heavily overgrown area and it took me to within A couple of feet from where I found the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme