Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark being discontinued?

just look at how much technology is in the cell phone we use today .

I still have my first cell phone tucked away in the closet just like the one pictured below.

Screenshot_20190322-112806~2.png

I had my choice of the portable phone or a hard wired uniti in the car that I purchased when the car lot was having a special.

This thing is slightly bigger than the Spark Fly More bag and was powered by the autos 12volt system or a battery that had about two hours of standby time.

Lol.

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
This is the answer I got from DJI on their forum

"
2#
Hi Charliejspark, thanks for reaching out and apologies for the inconvenience. We have already removed the Spark (all colors) and Spark Combo (Sky Blue, Sunrise Yellow, and Meadow Green) from the shelves. However, we are still selling the Spark Controller Combo / Spark Fly More Combo in Alpine White and Lava Red on the DJI online store. Please don’t worry, DJI will continue to provide after-sales support for the Spark. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Well, that rather confirms the demise of the line I suppose. Thanks for that charliespark.

Well, that rather confirms the demise of the line I suppose. Thanks for that charliespark.
Not really - translation usually leaves a lot to be desired and nuances are lost. The reply was likely innocuous.
That said I've always wondered why they shoot themselves in the foot by pre-announcing products. Sales of current items literally plummets to almost zero even with discounts because, hey, the carrot is dangling.
Maybe they got smart and are emptying supply channels *before* they open their mouth this time.

. Anyone who has bought a Spark with a sticker on the box showing it being manufactured after November 2018 please post, that's the latest I've seen.

I just bought my spark a month ago. Where do I find this sticker with manufacture date on it?

I just bought my spark a month ago. Where do I find this sticker with manufacture date on it?

Type in the serial number of the Spark here to get the Sparks birthday.

Reactions: Decado
Before I say anything, I didn't get this through any personal source but through listening in on someone else's conversation so don't take it as anything written in stone but I heard that the proposed DJI event for the 23rd of this month will be postponed to the 21st of May and will be regarding a Spark Pro ...

I'm not sure I believe it but if the event is delayed then it may be true I suppose. We can always hope.

Regards
Ari

Before I say anything, I didn't get this through any personal source but through listening in on someone else's conversation so don't take it as anything written in stone but I heard that the proposed DJI event for the 23rd of this month will be postponed to the 21st of May and will be regarding a Spark Pro ...

I'm not sure I believe it but if the event is delayed then it may be true I suppose. We can always hope.

Regards
Ari
Would make sense with summer approaching, DJI wants to capitalize on summer splurge first time drone buyers, as well as get people excited for the holiday season. Although if they release a spark pro next month what about the mavic air? It just fades into obscurity? Here's to hoping it's the phantom 5 instead and a price drop on mavic air. That would make more $$$ sense to me.

Although if they release a spark pro next month what about the mavic air? It just fades into obscurity? Here's to hoping it's the phantom 5 instead and a price drop on mavic air. That would make more $$$ sense to me.

That's a good question. Generally speaking DJI products have a 2 year or so life span and that lines up with the end of Spark manufacture last November, by that measure the Air still has another 8 months give or take. That said, the Air hasn't been a huge seller for DJI so it'll depend on where any Spark replacement sits in the product lineup I suppose.

If everyone's wish list for a Spark replacement is included then it really will just be an Air in size and price point. My hope if a replacement does appear is actually the opposite of most people. With the new laws coming into play in the U.K., U.S.A., Canada and Australia and other places I'd like to see DJI incorporate one or two upgrades, even if just a 3 axis gimbal and unlock the existing camera to use it's 4K ability and then trim about 60gm off it weight wise and bring it in under the 250gm limit so people can fly something a little better than a Tello without needing certification or registration.

Yeah, I know. Dream on lol

As far as a P5 goes, unlike many people I don't actually believe the Phantom line is dead for a number of reasons but DJI dealers were informed to expect a release on the P4 replacement in Jan and that has not taken place. There's obviously been a re think of some sort and I doubt we will see anything for quite a while. Just a guess, but around the time the Mavic 2 is coming near to end of life would make sense.

Regards
Ari

I was the OP on this. I have reliable information that the Spark is indeed out of production. However, I don't know if this is permanent or not but am told it is. I have had my Spark since shortly after it was released. Since it may be being fazed out I just bought a new one. Just delivered yesterday. Birthday 6 November 18. None after that apparently.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit