Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark bird attack

SPARK1

Join
Jan 13, 2019
Loc
Knoxville, Tn
Was flying yesterday in a park when all of a sudden 3 crows was trying to attack poor spark.. Just wondering has this happened to anyone else?

Reactions: mano
It happens more than you would think. Go on YouTube and there are lots of videos of drone attacks by birds. I had a huge hawk come after my Spark right in my driveway.

Birds, wires, and branches take out many many drones.

Was flying yesterday in a park when all of a sudden 3 crows was trying to attack poor spark.. Just wondering has this happened to anyone else?

I like to share this photo by Forum member JoostGT3.

Composite_Image_v1_1920x1280_Signed.jpg

He caught the bird in flight and composed this photo.

Check out mother nature's 3 axis gimbal.

No matter the angle, the bird was eyeballing the Spark the whole time.

now that is a cool picture love it.

Reactions: Spark 317
now that is a cool picture love it.

I agree.

He just happened to be recording and the bird did a fly by.

The video he posted was impressive enough and then he composed the image frame by frame.

Ever since I've seen that post, I always hit the Record Button on every flight from launch to land because you never know what you might capture with the Spark.

A 64gb card can hold alot of footage and is easily deleted later if you don't get anything worth saving.

Reactions: Highflyer
Didn't have direct contact with birds but seagulls scare me most. They can be very curious about your "bird". Somebody wrote on internet that white color attract them more so be careful alpine white sparkies:)

Didn't have direct contact with birds but seagulls scare me most. They can be very curious about your "bird". Somebody wrote on internet that white color attract them more so be careful alpine white sparkies:)

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, bsr387.

I've heard of them described as flying rats.

Scavengers of the sky. LOL.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

I have had a pigeon circle my Spark, you would think with all the noise, they would stay clear, is guess they may be more imitated by size rather than noise.

It happens more than you would think. Go on YouTube and there are lots of videos of drone attacks by birds. I had a huge hawk come after my Spark right in my driveway.

Birds, wires, and branches take out many many drones.

"yeah the worst are Birds carrying a branches and trailing a wire !!" :)

Reactions: Paul215
"yeah the worst are Birds carrying a branches and trailing a wire !!" :)

Must be spring time and gathering stuff for a nest.;)

I had a crow come close by so I flew up to get above it and the crow actually folded it's wings and rolled onto it's back for a second to get a better look at the spark. Was crazy to see it do that!

Yeah seagulls for sure. It wasn't with my first drone not my Spark. I was flying by the beach and as soon as I got 5 feet off the ground, all the seagulls in the are took off at the same time. I managed not to get hit or attacked but did get a nice up close of one flying right in front of mine.

I like to share this photo by Forum member JoostGT3.

View attachment 8490

He caught the bird in flight and composed this photo.

Check out mother nature's 3 axis gimbal.

No matter the angle, the bird was eyeballing the Spark the whole time.

I have to say this picture is amazing. I like how he put it frame by frame. That stare down is just too funny.

3 birds? That's lucky haha Have you tried getting swarmed? It's a nightmare you're gonna end up hoping and praying the spark's coming back in one piece haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis