Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark casting

Pretty clever!

By my Dad's judgment, I was never good enough at casting to fish.

So do you back up towards your position or turn the Spark 180° and continue away from you (now backing away)?

You can do any of that, usually I just stop abruptly and the line will slide right off. Its meant to slide off easy, Id much rather have a line fall off early rather than not come off at all. I use similar hook for my Mavic as well. Try it out first with a couple small water balloons tied to fishing line with a loop for hook.....its pretty easy and fail safe

Simple hook for spark. Get at Walmart. Spark can carry descent fishing lure and bait out for cast. A little pilot skill required, fwd momentum keeps line on hook. Just drop by stopping suddenly or move backwards. 10 casts and only one dropped to early. 5 fish caught as wellView attachment 10803View attachment 10804
Brilliant and I have these laying around almost certainly already. Thank you. Saves me from 3D printing something .

Howdy, Any other good drone fishing resource discussions anywhere? Sparky's gonna hunt some fish this summers vacation

Wow! Nice idea. Sometimes it is not so bad when someone bumps up an old thread. I had missed this back in July 2019.

True !

That's simple, and works . . . even if just the majority of the times, safe and effective, cheap.

Not sure I'd use anything apart from light line / tackle, before going to a larger aircraft.
The M1P has been used by a lot of fishermen/women in the past, very popular, and can handle surf fishing lines and rigs pretty well.

Have seen similar commercial manual drop rigs, as well as the front leg led release.

I found Bass in the Potomac river with my Spark. You can watch the whole vid or go to 3:30, Doulela you could have dropped a line right on them

Last edited:
Reactions: SoccerRef12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme