Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark constantly trying to refocus?

Glen e

Join
May 27, 2017
i think this has always been this way, I just started to notice when I play the vid on my big screen. All updates done, using RC, same for both wifi and OTG cable. Distance does not matter, near or far...

If I hover above the trees, for example, the focus seems to go from sharp to out of focus on the leaves, every second or so.

Anybody seen this?

It cannot be a Spark camera issue since it uses a fix-focus design (that covers 2m~infinity).

It's likely related to your video decoder. Also, make sure your monitor/TV doesn't perform processing as some displays have options to de-noise/sharpen/or-whatever-else the video signal.

Thanks, I checked, it does this on my iPhone I use for flying. So why is it doing this?

Are you shooting video in low light (dusk/dawn, indoors)? You'll get something akin to constant focus issues in those conditions.

No...any light condition, sunny, cloudy, etc....I'll try and attach a YouTube on it....here you go, you tube only allows 360p so it is much more promenient in 1080....blow it up and look close, it like a switch going off

Last edited:
No...any light condition, sunny, cloudy, etc....I'll try and attach a YouTube on it....here you go, you tube only allows 360p so it is much more promenient in 1080....blow it up and look close, it like a switch going off

This is a video you recorded onto the microSD card located in the Spark and that you directly copied to your computer?

I want to make sure this is not something that was transmitted wirelessly to your phone - which would the have to be decoded by the app and could explain these artifacts.

Interesting. Thanks...I will pull the card and watch it.

This is happening when I monitor the flight thru the iphone7 that is connected to the controller via OTG real time.....I can see it happening in real time

Update: success! When I take a USB straight from the AC to the laptop, the picture is perfect.

So is there any way to eliminate it as I watch it on my iphone7? But if it's not I know my flights are good to watch.....

Last edited:

This is happening when I monitor the flight thru the iphone7 that is connected to the controller via OTG real time.....I can see it happening in real time

Update: success! When I take a USB straight from the AC to the laptop, the picture is perfect.

So is there any way to eliminate it as I watch it on my iphone7? But if it's not I know my flights are good to watch.....

Great!

Meanwhile, I don't think you can fix this. This is a behavior of the video signal decoder from the app. DJI may improve this in the future.

Yup, my thinking as well......

When you view the video, there should be a download icon, it will copy the file from the SD to your device, put it is not that fast. By the way, the live view is 720p where the one on the SD is 1080p.

I know that...and when it saves it, it's got the artifacts...fail.....

I just load them from the AC to my desktop, then stream the view to my big screen via airplay, it works perfect.

With my iPad mini 4, it worked fine for photos and videos. First hugly and with distortions and after download, it went good with full resolution 12MP and 1080p.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none