Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark + DJI Pilot app

ol' Sparky

Join
Mar 10, 2019
Been flying a few weeks and am kind of disappointed with the Go app. Kind of basic with no way-points. Found the DJI Pilots app and loaded it up. More options (including mapping and way-points) and some that can't be used because of hardware limitations. Updated no problem, connected to the AC and RC easily, set up a couple routes, but haven't used it to actually fly yet. Is there anyone who has used this app with a Spark? Any issues? Any reason I shouldn't use it? It is a DJI app, but not specifically for the Spark. Wondering, if there is a catastrophic failure, if my warranty would cover it? Thanx !

According to the DJI Tech moderator on their official forum the Pilot app is only supported for use with the new Mavic 2 Enterprise edition.

If you want all the DJI Go functionality plus waypoint missions look at the Litchi app. Lots of good threads about it if you search this Forum and YouTube

Sent it up for a test flight and Pilot app on an Android worked like a charm. I did read about Litchi on the forum. Concerned with using other software while still under warranty.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Sent it up for a test flight and Pilot app on an Android worked like a charm. I did read about Litchi on the forum. Concerned with using other software while still under warranty.
Are you saying that the Pilot app worked with a Spark?

Are you saying that the Pilot app worked with a Spark?
Yes...that's why I downloaded it. One of the reviewers said it worked great with his Spark. Did a short test flight without issue.

Yes...that's why I downloaded it. One of the reviewers said it worked great with his Spark. Did a short test flight without issue.
Thanks for letting me know that. I will look into it. I have Litchi but I have not used it yes as I too am concerned about the warranty issue. I have the DJI Refresh coverage but third party apps are not covered as you know. Thanks again for the information in this thread. ?

Reactions: ol' Sparky
Wind died down today so I set up a short waypoint route and it worked as expected. I use an Android...apparently iPhones have issues.

Last edited:
Wind died down today so I set up a short waypoint route and it worked as expected. I use an Android...apparently iPhones have issues.

Have you also tried the mapping feature? With setting a custom camera with sparks sensor size focal length etc?

What issues?
Specific iPhone model?

Connectivity issues from what I understand. Not sure what models...presume anything Apple. Strictly an Android user so didn't delve too deeply into the issue.

Got this reply from the DJI Forum:

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested in using the DJI Product. With regards to that the DJI Care Refresh will not be voided since it's still DJI Product. Nevertheless, we would still recommend using the specific application since the DJI Pilot app is not optimized for the consumer drone. Best regards!

Then, in a different thread from another user:

First confirm with DJI if you can use your particular drone with DJI Pilot. I lost my Spark while using it and they refuse to open a case, even to see whether there was a problem by studying the DJI GO 4 information.

The Pilot app does not tell you which drones are compatible with it, nor will your drone warn you not to use it.

The app DOES recognize my Spark...it shows "Spark" connected when I fire it all up. Here's a screen grab. So now I'm confused and leery. Screenshot_20190316-030450.png

Last edited:
Huh, had never heard of this app being used with the Spark, will download it and give it a try.
How are you getting along with it ?

Huh, had never heard of this app being used with the Spark, will download it and give it a try.
How are you getting along with it ?
Read a post about it somewhere here and thought I'd try. Only used it a few times, but had no problems with it....worked as it should. It recognized the spark when it connects, so some of the settings are not useable as it was made for drones with more options and better cameras. I'm by no means an expert on how it works, but figured out how to fly a mission, tested it a few times, and keep the app updated amd ready if I should ever need it. It also has the Go type app for manual flying, but I use the Go4 app for that. Why push your luck with warranty issues?

Reactions: Nuner83
Ok I had to try this too.
I loaded DJI Pilot into my drone phone along side DJI Go4.
No problems.
I checked to see if Pilot shared the Go4 offline maps. Pilot does not. I downloaded a couple of offline maps.
No problems.
I turned on the RC, removed the AC props and turned it on. After a brief fight with Go4 over the OTG cable it connected as a Spark.
No problems.
I am able to arm and disarm the motor as well as simulate flight with the right stick when the motors are armed. No problems.
I learned how to create and save a mission plus with the props off I'm able to start and stop said mission.
No problems.

My problem...... It has rained for the past week and rain is in the forecast for the next 10 days.

Maybe DJI will release Pilot for Spark before I have to go out and try this hack for myself.

Maybe.

I have tried the DJI Pilot app and everything connects. But when I go to try and fly it says that the IMU need calibration. I try to calibrate it in the Pilot app and it refuses to cooperate. Just gets stuck on the first step. It calibrates just fine using the Go 4 app. What version of Pilot are you using?

I Get the message: "DJI Pilot not available for current Device. Please check relevant instructions and download correct app Version".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef