Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark drifting

nilanjan118

Join
Oct 31, 2018
I have noticed over the last couple of flights that my SPARK is drifting sideways when I am pitching forward. The drift seems to be more when I am flying in higher speeds. I did a test flight yesterday and after uploading the log file to DJI Flight Log Viewer, I could see it clearly from the Attitude indicator. Can anyone please look into this and tell me the reason behind this?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

PS: How do I turn ON the Attitude indicator on the DJI Go4 app so that I can see it live at the time of flying?

PS: How do I turn ON the Attitude indicator on the DJI Go4 app so that I can see it live at the time of flying?

Tap the map. It will toggle between the two if using a small screen device.

A tablet will allow both windows to be viewed simultaneously since the screen is larger.

Tap the map. It will toggle between the two if using a small screen device.

A tablet will allow both windows to be viewed simultaneously since the screen is larger.

When I tap the map, it simply goes full screen and a small live feed is displayed on the bottom left corner.
Tapping on it again switches the screen back to default view.

Try the upper right corner.

Try the upper right corner.

Ok. I will try again.
Do you have any thoughts about the drifting issue I am facing?
Not saying that it is very critical and I would never fly so far out under normal circumstances. But I noticed it in one of the videos I was shooting and just want to get to the bottom of it and see if it can be corrected.

You can always do a compass and /or imu calibration and see if that helps.

Check your props and you might try changing them around in case one may be slightly warped?

Be mindful of the props and the motors they go on (white ring match)

Reactions: nilanjan118
been struggling with sideways drifting in sports mode since the day I got the Spark and never fully resolved. compass, IMU and RC calibration helped a bit together with replacing complete set of propellers. But after couple flights it's the same like before.

Reactions: nilanjan118
You can always do a compass and /or imu calibration and see if that helps.

Check your props and you might try changing them around in case one may be slightly warped?

Be mindful of the props and the motors they go on (white ring match)
Thanks for that tip. I have also had a small drifting problem and Hey Presto new props and as good as new again.

I have noticed over the last couple of flights that my SPARK is drifting sideways when I am pitching forward. The drift seems to be more when I am flying in higher speeds. I did a test flight yesterday and after uploading the log file to DJI Flight Log Viewer, I could see it clearly from the Attitude indicator. Can anyone please look into this and tell me the reason behind this?

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I've noticed a little drift when running on the low side of available GPS satellites. GPS won't always provide a perfect location. The reported location will vary, within a 15 ft (or so) circle. More locked satellites helps. I'm generally amazed at how steady the Spark is at an assigned location.

been struggling with sideways drifting in sports mode since the day I got the Spark and never fully resolved. compass, IMU and RC calibration helped a bit together with replacing complete set of propellers. But after couple flights it's the same like before.
That's exactly my situation. I did an IMU calibration and changed to a new set of propellers but got minimal or almost no positive result.

I've noticed a little drift when running on the low side of available GPS satellites. GPS won't always provide a perfect location. The reported location will vary, within a 15 ft (or so) circle. More locked satellites helps. I'm generally amazed at how steady the Spark is at an assigned location.
GPS accuracy may have an impact on the position of the drone at the time of hovering or RTH but I do not understand how it will impact manual flying. As I said before and which has also been confirmed by other pilots, the drift is more when flying at higher speeds and when flying in P-mode, it is barely noticeable. It makes me believe it has something to do with the aerodynamics of the aircraft.

If you are drifting left or right when pushing forward and only forward on the stick, I would suggest that joystick calibration is required. You can do the calibration from DJI GO 4. Just my 2c worth...

Does it drift when using hand gestures and no remote?

Or use the phone/tablet with no remote. It can isolate it to the aircraft or the remote.

If you are drifting left or right when pushing forward and only forward on the stick, I would suggest that joystick calibration is required. You can do the calibration from DJI GO 4. Just my 2c worth...

It is not a RC calibration issue because I have seen it happen when doing RTH as well.

Does it drift when using hand gestures and no remote?

Or use the phone/tablet with no remote. It can isolate it to the aircraft or the remote.

No it doesn't drift while doing hand gestures or while hovering. The drift is only while moving at speeds >20mph.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme