Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark - Exponential Component

horesham

Join
Oct 9, 2018
When you’re something of an ‘oldie’, controlling the left stick to achieve gentle rotating movements can be quite difficult with the result that some of your rotational filming is just too fast. With the clearly comprehensive avionics available within the Spark, I’m surprised that an exponential component isn’t available for the left hand stick.

With this adjustment, you would be able to vary the speed at which the Spark rotates and not rely upon gentle stick movements to enhance filming.
I’ve been flying RC Model Aircraft for many years now and with an exponential adjustment available for both the elevator and aileron, it’s easy enough to achieve precision flying rather than ‘jumpy’ movements in the sky.

About all you can do with the Spark,is to fly in "P" mode with the sensors in the off position. Sport mode is fun, but totally useless for shooting smooth video. You can also adjust the speed rates in the settings, but will not have the speed you want once you slow everything down. Exponental,is the one main thing that the Spark could use, to smooth things out.

When you’re something of an ‘oldie’, controlling the left stick to achieve gentle rotating movements can be quite difficult with the result that some of your rotational filming is just too fast. With the clearly comprehensive avionics available within the Spark, I’m surprised that an exponential component isn’t available for the left hand stick.

With this adjustment, you would be able to vary the speed at which the Spark rotates and not rely upon gentle stick movements to enhance filming.
I’ve been flying RC Model Aircraft for many years now and with an exponential adjustment available for both the elevator and aileron, it’s easy enough to achieve precision flying rather than ‘jumpy’ movements in the sky.
I've been begging for this with or without the Cinematic mode that other higher level drones get with DJI go4. I am about to post a video where I used Tripod mode for a change, and still I could not gently maintain pressure on that left stick to make it go slow enough.

I think you can adjust with the older version of DJI Assistant. Or, if you use the NLD application, you can also adjust through that one too.

just had two replies from the dji forum, merely serve to confuse me:-

“Check this advanced settings EXP in the GoApp, this will do the trick for you.

“I think those advance settings you mentioned are only available for the Mavics and Phantoms, but not for the Spark”

??

I have a Mavic Pro, and yes, sticks sensitivity can be adjusted independently.
MP has exp function.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar