Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Keeps failing when trying to do speherical panorama......

pmcn500

Join
May 5, 2019
Hi everyone....

I have tried a few times to do the spherical / panorama shots but it keeps failing with a 'failed to capture' message...... sometimes after 6 frames, other times after 20...?
Ive tried from different heights etc..... but still no luck... :-(

Any advice would be appreciated......
Regards
Paul

Maybe try a different (class 10) memory card. Maybe the card isn't able to capture the write fast enough.

Maybe try a different (class 10) memory card. Maybe the card isn't able to capture the write fast enough.
I purchased the card as part of a 'package' when I bought the drone..... I was assured it would be fast enough for all the drones spec....?20190523_133501.jpeg

Ive double checked the writing speeds of the Kingston card and its only 45mbs... :(
...so ive ordered a new Sandisk 64Gb pro with write speeds up to 90mbs.... hopefully this will help the issue...

I will come back to this thread, once i have tried a few more times on the existing card, and then on the new card and report if there has been any difference...
Thanks

... No prop guards on.....
Try going out an hour before sunset....straight up to 250....start the sphere pano.....

Much has been said about the issues (mostly good) about using a USB OTG cable between the Spark controller (assume you are using one) and a phone/tablet. I feel the image processing is proceeding better when using one.....just my opinion though.

Try going out an hour before sunset....straight up to 250....start the sphere pano.....

Much has been said about the issues (mostly good) about using a USB OTG cable between the Spark controller (assume you are using one) and a phone/tablet. I feel the image processing is proceeding better when using one.....just my opinion though.

Yes..... using the OTG cable with my Note9 attached to the controller.... but i will try again tomorrow as you advise...
Thanks...

Yes..... using the OTG cable
So....I went out and up to 250 ft. The results stitched well with all softwares (ICE, DJI MM) . This file is from my PTGui licensed software using the Smartblend plugin.
I'm not on the list at Google Photos for timely (if ever) automatic stitching. Perhaps those with paid 100 GB+ subscriptions have preference to 'full resolution' unpaid (15GB) accounts.
Good luck...
Screenshot_20190523-204003.png

Salem Harbor 250 feet - 5-23-2019
Sharing my new 360-degree photo ?

I tried using manual exposure with ISO 200 and setting the shutter (1/200) by looking at the histogram.

Last edited:
purchased the card as part of a 'package' when I bought the drone..... I was assured it would be fast enough for all the drones spec....?
B&H photo video approves of the storage card

It may well be suitable / capable ..... but if I get a card that is twice as fast then I'm just helping to eliminate any potential issues....

... and its Lways good to have a spare memory card...... lol
B&H photo video approves of the storage card

Reactions: MySpark53
Video related transfer rates and SD card speeds are more likely to benefit by your 2x sd card speed advantage.

In Action cams, choosing a too low speed card equates to overheating issues with some GoPro cameras.

may well be suitable /
I've been using this one. On sale at Microcenter electronics. I should consider buying a more recent SD card for the same reason. But it is acceptable as is. Spark shoots 1080p....a camera shooting 4k might have issues with this older class 10 micro SD card..

IMG_20190524_152827851-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Question for anyone. I have done several sphere pano on my Spark and have stitched and worked fine. The latest one stops while stitching and just freezes a bit after it starts. The 180 worked fine just not this one. Any solution would be appreciated, thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme