Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark on its way back to dji for sotware issues.

4thdpi@gmail

Join
Mar 7, 2019
I spent 2 hours on the dji live chat for one simple problem. My spark connects wonderfully to my wifi and controller. Ready to fly and first screen says all firmware and updates updated. Then I press go fly. It takes off as usual then hovers at 5ft and i cant change the the altitude limit or horizontal limit. The screen before and after even during nonflying. Its darkened not highlighted like other options I can change. I cannot get out of a hover does any one know a fix? I was told there is a later firmware out there and I asked the guy online from DJI then why didn't the spark pick up the new firmware automatically like it updates everything else and firmware in the past. He said this firmware is not downloading. I think the DJI support line starts grasping for straws when my spark is only 3 weeks old and has never flown only because it won't go out of the hover. I have a phantom 3 advanced and mavic2 zoom. I know what I'm doing. They fly perfectly. Help

Reactions: Davebrmc
Did you download the DJI Assistant 2 program and try to manually update the firmware with that application?
No I don't because the directions say no need to use the assistant every time I turn on the spark and the controller it checks through the WiFi for the latest updates and it always says I'm updated so it's not a manual process. Besides people are flying with the firmware that I have now same release date the guy on the phone said it's most likely the controller

Did you download the DJI Assistant 2 program and try to manually update the firmware with that application?
I don’t have any issues with my Spark, but I’ve noticed lots of comments about the DJI Assistant 2 App. I use iOS and just looked it up in the App Store, there’s only DJI Assistant App available not a version 2. Is that for Android? Could you help with the link? Thank you

The entire series of update software/firmware is growing old. Particularly tiresome is that after said updates the drone is ‘grounded’. Is DJI Assistant the way to go since I’ve got a Spark? Would love to fly this boat anchor but I’m continually rebuked by the system. Thoughts? from Grounded in the Heartland

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot6521