Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark or Mavick?

Coolaudio

Join
Jun 4, 2017
I've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of my spark fly more bundle to the UK.. still no word as yet...ive been checking out all the spark you tube videos and while it looks pretty good...ive started maybe having second thoughts that I should pull the trigger on the mavic instead...its a bit of a conundrum...

I guess they are always teething issues with most new products..have been hearing of multiple issues with the spark, especially with the android video feed etc.

I'm a pretty season flyer and just wanted something to make cool stable videos with...not sure what to do...

To move up to the fly less mavic in the UK is another £400....mmmmm

I'll sleep on it:)

The main things about the mavic that are appealing is 4k obviously...ability to switch to 25 frames (preferred UK option) even 24 frames:) 3 axis gimbal and flight time

To compare apples with apples, your choice is more of Spark Combo (not readily available for a few more weeks or months in the UK) or Mavic (more available). Both have controllers. It's an easy decision. If you want more bird, Mavic. Very well worth the price difference. Most people here who have bought a Spark, already have a Mavic.

Check out this poll. 2 out of 3 Spark buyers already have a Mavic.

Poll: Is the Spark your first drone?

Is the Mavic Pro your first drone?

Poll: Are you happy with your Mavic?

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
I've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of my spark fly more bundle to the UK.. still no word as yet...ive been checking out all the spark you tube videos and while it looks pretty good...ive started maybe having second thoughts that I should pull the trigger on the mavic instead...its a bit of a conundrum...

I guess they are always teething issues with most new products..have been hearing of multiple issues with the spark, especially with the android video feed etc.

I'm a pretty season flyer and just wanted something to make cool stable videos with...not sure what to do...

To move up to the fly less mavic in the UK is another £400....mmmmm

I'll sleep on it:)

The main things about the mavic that are appealing is 4k obviously...ability to switch to 25 frames (preferred UK option) even 24 frames:) 3 axis gimbal and flight time
It's a no brainer to me..The mavic is by far the most advanced drone available to date and probably for years to come since they destroyed their competition..
I believe the spark is a breeze killer ..
Seems to me dji builds drones to eliminate their competition by offering a better drone for a more affordable price..i believe they are light years ahead of their closest competitor..
Smart money is on copy cats companys like walkera to try and provide an alternative that looks like the real deal, but isnt,and the newbies won't find out until later.
That being said I buy the mavic first and a spark in a couple months or whenever you can afford one..

Thanks guys, will probably hold on to the spark when it arrives. And get a mavick 2 when it appears:)

If you want to go up in the sky and fly grab a spark, waiting for the Mavic Pro 2 to appear could be longer as expected as they have a killer drone and still didn't exploit it at the full possibility in terms of revenue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme