Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Range re-visit - now using parabolic extender

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
Hi Folks
I have not flown my spark for many months and today was the day.
On the first flight, withing 50 sec at a height of 12m and distance of 47m I got the dreaded "ATTI Mode" and lost control of the bird.

Quick press the (II) button and immediately it stopped in it's tracks (before hitting a tree ;).

I then fitted the parabolic extender (back to front like an idiot - "It must face the drone, moron" refitted correctly and flew away 147m without a hitch.
My next two flights were also in excess of 100m without even a hint of loss of signal (except when I was not pointing the controller directly at the spark). I was even impressed by the fact that the spark was more visible at that distance than my mini2.

Conclusion: These parabolic extenders really do work * but I think everyone knows that by now. I might even obtain a yagi and enjoy flying my spark again.
Happy flying

Still have my extender and use it when I fly my dear old Spark. Try to remember to fit it round the right way! Glad you got yours back.

Hi Folks
I have not flown my spark for many months and today was the day.
On the first flight, withing 50 sec at a height of 12m and distance of 47m I got the dreaded "ATTI Mode" and lost control of the bird.

Quick press the (II) button and immediately it stopped in it's tracks (before hitting a tree ;).

I then fitted the parabolic extender (back to front like an idiot - "It must face the drone, moron" refitted correctly and flew away 147m without a hitch.
My next two flights were also in excess of 100m without even a hint of loss of signal (except when I was not pointing the controller directly at the spark). I was even impressed by the fact that the spark was more visible at that distance than my mini2.

Conclusion: These parabolic extenders really do work * but I think everyone knows that by now. I might even obtain a yagi and enjoy flying my spark again.
Happy flying
Do you have a photo of your spark with extender you would share? I have a spark but did not know about this extender. Thanks

Here it is. I got my Spark out and fired it up. First time start, why would I expect anything else from this great little drone. Hope this helps.
View attachment 14284View attachment 14285
Thank you. I see how I can do it. Are you using an iPhone or a droid, and if a droid, what software? DJI no longer provides the software for a droid. Why they don't is beyond me. I have not been able to learn any more about this problem.

Thank you. I see how I can do it. Are you using an iPhone or a droid, and if a droid, what software? DJI no longer provides the software for a droid. Why they don't is beyond me. I have not been able to learn any more about this problem.
I’m on an iPhone 11 Max. Think I might have seen something about DJI Go4 and Android on the Forum a while ago-perhaps pull in up?

Reactions: LetnayaPogoda
there is a youtube video somewhere about this topic.
someone registered wave strenght with and without the beam extender. there was a noticable difference.
i only used this once and succeeded to get 2500 meters away in fcc at 160 m alt. my alltime record. Anyway what 's the use of getting that distance ?
but I believe in urban situations with a lot of interference , it can avoid income of signal polution coming from behind and get reflection of signals getting sent to an useless direction.but be aware, if sparky is behind you transmission loss is total.

Reactions: twickers14
there is a youtube video somewhere about this topic.
someone registered wave strenght with and without the beam extender. there was a noticable difference.
i only used this once and succeeded to get 2500 meters away in fcc at 160 m alt. my alltime record. Anyway what 's the use of getting that distance ?
but I believe in urban situations with a lot of interference , it can avoid income of signal polution coming from behind and get reflection of signals getting sent to an useless direction.but be aware, if sparky is behind you transmission loss is total.
This post just tweaked a memory way back when I got my Spark-probably 2018, where someone doing a range test and I think with extenders on flew a very long way out in a remote part of Hawaii. Perhaps search YouTube for it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast