Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark RC right joystick not working

Moon

Join
Mar 29, 2018
Loc
West Yorkshire
Hi I have just received my new spark combo and i love it but i have a problem where my right joystick doesn't seem to work if i take off move the joystick once the spark will move a little then it starts beeping and the right joystick stops working can anybody help with an explanation as to why this is happening

The same thing happens to me. I've found that if I increase altitude a couple feet it works. I'm wondering if the obstacle avoidance is sensing something, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Moon
Hello from the Mid-West, Moon.

It may be that you have your obstacle avoidance on and is working properly.

The Spark will stop if it gets too close to something facing forward, even when pushing the stick forward.

You should be able to move backwards and sideways as there is no safety net there.

Or, the joysticks may need to be recalibrated.

Look around inside the Go4 app for instructions on how to do that while the Spark is powered up.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks for the replies im takeing it out into an open field so will try again today only second flight so well see how that goes lets hope it all goes well i understand the obstical avoidance and i have re callobrated the joysticks but it still wouldnt react to sideways motion either

After trying the above suggestions, if it still doesn’t work, try changing the controller mode (swapping stick functions) using the go app. If you have left right control with sticks swapped then it is a controller mechanical or calibration problem with the right stick.

Thanks again all, after another callibration and set up with the go app this time my first proper flight everything worked i love this little gem of a flying machine still dont know why but it works, looking forward to taking it up more often weather permitting

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502