Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Refurbished Batteries

Jet84

Join
Aug 11, 2018
Does anyone have any experience flying with refurbished Spark batteries. I am looking into buying one off of amazon but am a bit skeptical when it comes to buying refurbished batteries. Does anyone recommend this and are there any problems with it?

It was being sold directly by DJI on amazon, so I’m not sure if that is any guarantee that it would work well.

Likely they were used for a demo or a return and have a few cycles on them. Would be curious though to know. Since new ones are just a few dollars more, I would personally go that route. Kinda the same reason I didnt entertain a refurbished Spark even though I have purchased plenty of other refurb products.

That link is definitely NOT a direct sale from DJI and not a certified reseller. If you scroll down the page it. clearly says "shipped from and sold by CAMRISE". There's only 1 review which is another warning sign.

From the reading I've done a lipo battery has a finite number of charge cycles and then it's dead. The very idea of "refurbishing" a lithium battery is not economical. These are probably just used batteries or CG counterfeits. Could even be surplus inventory of the first generation batteries with the bad latch design.

You can get a new one for just $10 more and have peace of mind and confidence in your equipment. Money well spent

Reactions: mano
Does anyone have any experience flying with refurbished Spark batteries. I am looking into buying one off of amazon but am a bit skeptical when it comes to buying refurbished batteries. Does anyone recommend this and are there any problems with it?
Why buy referb for $8:00 more you can get a new one why chance your drone.

I'm of two minds about this. One one hand, these batteries probably get a more thorough inspection than new batteries coming off the assembly line and do come with at least a 90-day warranty. One the other hand, Spark batteries are pretty cheap to begin with.

So while I personally wouldn't do it, I don't really have a problem with it.

I'd spend the 10 more bucks to know what has happened to it over it's brief lifespan.

I would avoid getting spare parts refurbished and batteries are spare parts just like a printer head for an inkjet printer. Only brand new made by DJI.

That link is definitely NOT a direct sale from DJI and not a certified reseller. If you scroll down the page it. clearly says "shipped from and sold by CAMRISE". There's only 1 review which is another warning sign.

From the reading I've done a lipo battery has a finite number of charge cycles and then it's dead. The very idea of "refurbishing" a lithium battery is not economical. These are probably just used batteries or CG counterfeits. Could even be surplus inventory of the first generation batteries with the bad latch design.

You can get a new one for just $10 more and have peace of mind and confidence in your equipment. Money well spent

There were likely multiple sellers and they came in with a lower price. When I looked it was DJI ship/sold from Amazon. You have to watch that on Amazon, especially when buying refurb. Check out the "more options" and it shows all the buyers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar