Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Shutoff

Worldpeece

Join
May 27, 2017
Is there a combination of controls that would manually shut off the spark in an emergency situation? (ex: a fly away)

CSC but that would only work with a controller, I imagine.

CSC = hands together... pray.

Reactions: aviscomi
The combination if you don't want to scrounge through the manual (although I'd suggest eventually reading it) is both sticks being pulled downward and outward, or inward, simultaneously. Hold for 1.5 seconds and the drone will drop from the sky like an egg out of a bird, a little more crunch than splat though. I didn't see anything saying it would be the same for mobile devices but I would hope that DJI included it......... Would be a rather awkward downward spiral without.

Also the manual shows this on the bottom of page 48 and top of page 49 (I love their frankness of it will "crash" :)

Mind you that the CSC will only work if you have a signal to/from the Spark. Most of us FPV quads racers program our FCB (Flight Control Board) fail-safe to turn off motor upon signal loss. Yes they come crashing to the ground, but as fast as they fly it doesn't take long for them to "bye-bye".

Reactions: Brent
One of the new shutoff procedures introduced with the DJI Spark is where if the drone is within reach you can grab the body and flip it upside down. The motors should shutoff immediately regardless of which mode it is in. Yes, I know that this is not technically a CSC command, but it is an alternative that seems to work well in close range flying.

One of the new shutoff procedures introduced with the DJI Spark is where if the drone is within reach you can grab the body and flip it upside down. The motors should shutoff immediately regardless of which mode it is in. Yes, I know that this is not technically a CSC command, but it is an alternative that seems to work well in close range flying.

Have you (or anyone else) actually tested the "Upside Down Shutoff" to verify if it actually works as stated?

I used it once to test. Grabbed Spark out of air, motors sped up, turned a/c to side and down and motors shut down.

Have you (or anyone else) actually tested the "Upside Down Shutoff" to verify if it actually works as stated?

I initially saw this in the video published by "My First Drone." I have only tried it myself a few times in a hotel room that was way too small to fly in. From that experience it seems to work well. I will try it again this afternoon at my favorite flying place and report what I find here.

I experienced doing it once, Mavic just go crazy and fly higher despite putting two sticks down together, the drone flew higher and swing left n right. Eventually hit a 20meters tree, dropped like a bomb..sent back to China and repair cost is less than $100....much cheaper than repairing in USA. 2 gimbals, ribbon, bracket changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex