Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark threads the needle between 2 power lines with Litchi

I guess you don't see the wires in the virtual flight path.

That was certainly a butt pucker moment.October 25, 2019 13542 PM EDT.jpg

I guess you don't see the wires in the virtual flight path.

That was certainly a butt pucker moment.View attachment 11730
Lesson learned ! Google Earth virtual flight path is amazing , BUT definitely does not show things like tree height or power lines. Hahahaha.
The craziest part is this ; I had programmed this in litchi about 6 weeks before I flew this. I ended up changing some of the altitude settings on the waypoints exactly where this happened.

I was unsure I set the elevation high enough in this area so just 10 minutes before the flight I raised the values exact 16 feet. If I had been lower, like my flight was originally planning, I would certainly had crashed into some trees.

Retrieval would be sketchy also since the area is all gated off with lots of no tresspass signs. However I have been in there many times before it was all gated.
Grateful my spark made it back to me on this one !

Some amazing scenery and some amazing flying. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good comes to mind. I'm sure your heart skipped a beat when you came so close to disaster, I know mine would have. Was that done with a Spark? Flying sideways toward the end was gutsy without side-looking obstacle avoidance in such close quarters. If you'd like to see one of the best in the world flying in extremely close quarters backwards, check out this guy from Sweden:

Matthias Allring flying backwards

Reactions: Spark 317
Some amazing scenery and some amazing flying. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good comes to mind. I'm sure your heart skipped a beat when you came so close to disaster, I know mine would have. Was that done with a Spark? Flying sideways toward the end was gutsy without side-looking obstacle avoidance in such close quarters. If you'd like to see one of the best in the world flying in extremely close quarters backwards, check out this guy from Sweden:
I actually had no idea this happened til after I got home and watched the footage. I had no video feed for the majority of the flight. I was shocked watching the footage !

Matthias Allring flying backwards

I am pretty sure that flying backwards video was a normal forward flying video played backwards.[emoji849]

I am pretty sure that flying backwards video was a normal forward flying video played backwards.[emoji849]
Key places to note that would be hard to pull off if doing it as you suggest are:
2:20 child walking forward
2:27 man in background pushing wheelbarrow
3:17 children walking forward
5:00 backwards flight through wood shed, then forwards without stopping
I'm amazed he has the flying skill and visual acuity to see what he's doing, forward or backward, at such distances.

I first became aware of him watching Ken Heron videos on YT. I think you will change your mind...but, maybe you won't. Check him out on YouTube: Matthias Allring videos

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast