Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark v. Zino 2

Harpermike

Join
Jan 25, 2020
I crashed my previous drone, the Yuneec breeze right after the new year and went shopping for a drone. At that time I was really taken by the promises of the Hubsan Zino 2. I pre-ordered one from Gearbest in China for $400. While waiting for the beast to arrive (right now the prediction is mid February), I saw a very complete Spark package on EBay on auction with only 33 seconds left before the close. I snuck in at the final second and got it for $325. Three batteries (with only 10 cycles), remote, prop protectors with legs, gimbal protector, sun shade, tablet holder, DJI triple battery charger, bunch of OTG cables, and three different cases, one of which holds the whole kit and caboodle.

So now, I have this great little drone that works perfectly and I need to decide whether to cancel the Zino or let it ship to me and compare the two packages to figure out which one is better for my needs. It’s funny, because when I ordered the Zino 2, I was lured by the three axis gimbal, the long flight time, and the 6 km range. But now, after a few flights with my Spark, I wonder whether I really want to fly a drone out to 6 km. I know the FAA rules about line of sight. Hell, when the Spark was .5 km from me, I couldn’t see it. So why does any bozo drone pilot (not doing some life saving task) have to fly that far? Don’t most of you get a little jumpy when your Spark is out more than a mile away? Assuming a drone owner with limited financial resources, you can’t just crash and/or lose them and buy another every so often. (Or maybe the person who does that is unmarried?).

Anyway, I have some thinking to do over the next few weeks. Maybe I should just let the Zino 2 come, test it out, and then unload it or the Spark. I have to say one thing about getting the Spark. The build quality is so superior to the old Yuneec Breeze that I crashed. The Spark and the remote are rock solid. I was really surprised by that. I am thinking that the Hubsan Zino 2 will be more flimsy.

I am glad this forum is here. I used the Yuneec Pilots forum for a couple of years and learned a lot there. I’m sure it will be the same here with you Sparkees.

peace,

Mike

Selfishly, I say get the Zino 2 and write up your impressions here. Also on the Zino forum, assuming they have one.

Generally, I agree with your comments about the LOS issue with the drone. With my aging eyes, I can't see it at the other end of a football field! After a year, I still have little confidence in flying it out of site, mostly because I worry about connection strength. But then I only use it for YouTube family vids so not a lot of call to head that far out.

You got a great deal on a Spark. I bet you still have a lot to learn about it. I"m guessing you will find the Zino is not as well made, but keep flying the Spark and I look forward to a future review. Good luck

Before I had the spark I also had a Breeze, its a big step up!!

Love the spark! So easy to fly and a great little drone all round..

Reactions: Pearson
While the Spark only has a 2-axis gimbal, as long as you work with it in non-sports mode, it usually does the job. It is built really well - I have seen Sparks crash into trees and land on the ground with barely a scratch. Tom's Hardware tested the durability of his Spark here:

For the price, there is nothing out there as hefty and durable as the Spark. It definitely has its niche.

Yep. I saw the Toms Hardware video the other day and I was impressed.

The upshot is that I contacted Gearbest this morning and cancelled my order for the Zino 2. I think the Spark will keep me happy for the foreseeable future. Thanks for all the replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav