Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Video Range

8BitSpark

Join
Jun 28, 2017
So after the mod, it feels like the Spark's wings have been clipped. The live video range of the Spark just cannot compare to the Mavic -- and I've been rightfully spoiled for it. Increasing the speed and ceiling limit doesn't really help much because you'll fly outside of the live video range relatively quickly (compared to the Mavic). The Spark has a relatively disappointing range limit in that respect, but again only when spoiled by the "Occusync" on the Mavic.

I'm using an iPhone connected via cable to the remote, by the way. Ah well, it's a Spark. Enjoy it for what it is... to which I'm not quite sure what that is yet.

I've had fairly good success with video range in an very open environment. I'd guess 1,800 feet is the max that I have tried

Thanks for your reply. I guess I have to understand the Spark is more of a LOS drone than FPV long range capable like my Mavic.

Thanks for your reply. I guess I have to understand the Spark is more of a LOS drone than FPV long range capable like my Mavic.
WIFI is the issue

Ah, that's it? It's wifi? If so I'm definitely spoiled with the freedom of the Mavic :) I'll have to rethink my use case for keeping the Spark then.
I think that we all ne to keep in mind that we get what we paid for. If we expected Mavic like performance than the cost would have been upwards of $800. Then again it would have been named "Mavic II"

I think that we all ne to keep in mind that we get what we paid for. If we expected Mavic like performance than the cost would have been upwards of $800. Then again it would have been named "Mavic II"

Yeah, but we do have to agree the Spark is quite pricy when you go for the Fly More bundle ... which is needed for that RC.

Absolutely...IMO the base package should have been priced @ $399 w/RC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme