Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark

cactus683

Join
Aug 23, 2017
Hello all,planning on buying a spark today,without the remote,how do you folks like it,i have a mavic so it isnt my first rodeo with these.

I flew my Spark a few times with a mobile device (no remote controller) and did not care for it much since it's much harder to control. I'd definitely recommend you get a remote controller. You could also try it out for yourself first and buy the remote controller later if you have the same experience as me.

Mavic owner here too....get the controller, range and signal is superior to using your display for sticks.

Also a Mavic owner, get the remote. Flying with virtual sticks really isn't very satisfying.

RC is the best way to go. Imagine flying your Mavic without a RC. The RC is a small investment with a huge return. I own a P3P, Mavic and Spark. Couldn't imagine flying them w/o RC. The Spark is an entirely different bird. Enjoy!

Hello all,planning on buying a spark today,without the remote,how do you folks like it,i have a mavic so it isnt my first rodeo with these.

Not sure you'll like flying with a phone screen. Also, Sport mode is a blast and only available with the RC.
If you can afford it, get the "Fly More" kit. Seriously.

While I like the idea of flying w/o an R/C, it really is a pain. Get the remote.

Mavic owner here as well. I bought the Spark FlyMore and once I received it, I disconnected the Remote and flew it with my iPad mini 4, just to see. One very short flight and I re-connected the Remote and knew buying the FlyMore was the right decision for me.

Good Safe Flying.

Get the remote with the Fly More Combo. You get the AC charger + the 3 Battery charger + extra battery + the prop guards (probably don't need as you are a Mavic owner). The incremental cost of the controller and these items is well worth it.

One more vote for RC, started without it but stop flying until I got it. Then all perfect.

Agreed I too started with phone, lost my drone, got it replaced and bought a remote. Way WAY better with a remote

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast