Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Streaming to a TV via Apple TV

Rhino!

Join
Jul 11, 2017
Has anyone attempted streaming their Apple device to a television using an Apple TV box?
( assuming you're in your backyard )

Not directly. DJI just released an Apple TV app though. I've been meaning to try it as we're considering integrating our app with it to stream full resolution video to it directly.

Has anyone attempted streaming their Apple device to a television using an Apple TV box?
( assuming you're in your backyard )
I fly with an iPad Mini 4 plus have a 32" HD TV with an Apple TV unit. I power the TV and Apple TV with a 120VAC inverter and cast the iPad to it. It works great.

Reactions: weiss.hank
I fly with an iPad Mini 4 plus have a 32" HD TV with an Apple TV unit. I power the TV and Apple TV with a 120VAC inverter and cast the iPad to it. It works great.

Nice. Do you keep all of your video on the iPad or is it synced ot something like Dropbox and you download it before streaming? (Or something else?)

Reactions: FatherXmas
Nice. Do you keep all of your video on the iPad or is it synced ot something like Dropbox and you download it before streaming? (Or something else?)
I download it to my PC at the end of the day. That way I can tinker with the video with Filmora and the photos with Lightroom.
The Apple TV setup is so folks can see what the bird is seeing in real time.

Using a big screen while flying is amazing.

I made a little ground station for my Phantom on my screened porch. The ipads have weather, airmaps with real-time air traffic, and other helpful data.

19657244_1361947770587936_7432670611042782946_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme