Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Suitable mobile device

JNaranjo

Join
Oct 30, 2018
Greetings, I have a Dji Spark .. And I want to know which mobile device has worked better ... They have spoken to me very much about the Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung, Motorola, but I really do not know which model or someone to share some experience with us, thank you very much

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, JNaranjo.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and a Motorola Moto Z2 that both work fine but my primary flying device is the iPad mini4.

I researched what worked well with the Spark before I purchased it last year and it seemed that Apple products worked better than Android.

But I think DJI has made software improvements and Android's are working better.

Here is a list of products that will work.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Hello John.

I use a tablet holder but it does fit.

20171207_202020.jpg

I didn't have to modify the remote at all, it seemed like it wouldn't fit but then, Ta-Da!

Hi Spark 317.

How do you get the iPad mini 4 into the arms of the remote? I have tried with no success.

Thanks
John

If you don't have a tablet holder but would still want to use a lanyard, I use this product when flying with my Android phones that fit in the controller.

It's so convenient to have it hang around your neck while fiddling with the Spark before, during, and after a flight.

I could not get used to poor balance and awkward grip when inserting iPad directly into the RC. That method also prevented using a sun hood which caused excessive glare.

I have use this adapter to mount smart phone, iPad Mini and full sized iPad to the remote depending on the situation.

Spark tablet Android Smart phone mount:
https://amzn.to/2ukAH0M

Fits both Spark and Mavic controller. Doesn't limit access to joysticks. Better balance and grip. And all my sun hoods fit again!

Worth considering based on my experience

to get a mini ipad in youll need to cut where the black arms touch the plastic.. dji left some overhang i did it to mine and it fits a mini 2 ipad... just fine.. but i now got todaya tablet holder a freaking cheap one shoulda bought the metal one still you can use a dremel with a cutting head and or do it by hand and cut a slot or away that plastic.. take your time wiht it look at the pictures this is what you need to cut20181110_095006.jpg20181110_094834.jpg20181110_094903.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis