Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sunset colors, Lake Palestine, TX

gottawonder

Join
Jul 28, 2018
Hey all, I could see the color starting to show last night, and i grabbed the spark for an impromptu flight. Clouds were pushing, but never got a wind warning. I was about 200ft above ground level. Actual clip was 90 seconds, I've sped it up 3x here. You'll see a little bit of auto exposure or auto white balance going on in the beginning, but the sky really turned a great color over the course of 90 seconds. I liked the 3x because you could really see the cloud movement and the wind on the water. Enjoy

Awesome video
Just FYI, if you throw the Spark into Tripod mode, you can pan the camera up for more sky:

Don't get me wrong, the lake added greatly.
But if you are in the case of unremarkable land...you have that option.

Reactions: Jason M
Awesome video
Just FYI, if you throw the Spark into Tripod mode, you can pan the camera up for more sky:

Don't get me wrong, the lake added greatly.
But if you are in the case of unremarkable land...you have that option.

Excellent, thanks for that tip. I knew there was a setting that would allow it, and i usually don't think about looking for it until I'm already in the air! "Unremarkable land" is exactly why I use the Spark for sunsets. I've got a tree line that blocks me from watching them from the house. I can just run out in the yard and get the Spark in the air and get that particular view of the lake.

Definitely happy to have the tripod tip in my bag of tricks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar