Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sunset Shot Request

Captured this scene with my P4 last evening with the sun setting on the right. It's a 5-shot HDR image and the location is Alberton Harbour, Prince Edward Island, Canada. The lighthouse, which no longer functions, is situated on the Cascumpec Sandhills, along the Island's northern shore. I posted it over on PhantomPilots but also wanted to add it here to our collection of sunset/sunrise shots.

cascumpec_lighthouse.jpg

This shot has sentimental value to me for a couple of reasons. My father, who passed two years ago, sailed by this location for many years as he went out fishing for lobster and other bounty in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. I too have sailed by here many times, either helping my father as a kid or working for him when I was going to college. In addition, my great uncle (maternal) was the last keeper of this lighthouse and lived there from 1944-1967. He along with his wife raised a family of 4 children there. I'm grateful I was able to capture the scene on such a nice evening, the sky "felt" almost magical. I plan to go back again and fly some video there during brighter hours.

Last edited:
Captured this scene with my P4 last evening with the sun setting on the right. It's a 5-shot HDR image and the location is Alberton Harbour, Prince Edward Island, Canada. The lighthouse, which no longer functions, is situated on the Cascumpec Sandhills, along the Island's northern shore. I posted it over on PhantomPilots but also wanted to add it here to our collection of sunset/sunrise shots.

View attachment 13265

This shot has sentimental value to me for a couple of reasons. My father, who passed two years ago, sailed by this location for many years as he went out fishing for lobster and other bounty in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. I too have sailed by here many times, either helping my father as a kid or working for him when I was going to college. In addition, my great uncle (maternal) was the last keeper of this lighthouse and lived there from 1944-1967. He along with his wife raised a family of 4 children there. I'm grateful I was able to capture the scene on such a nice evening, the sky "felt" almost magical. I plan to go back again and fly some video there during brighter hours.
It's a fabulous shot of a fabulous location, and your personal link to it is really heartwarming... thanks so much for sharing, RW..

This is a 3 photo vertical pano from the Spark, without any editing. It was shot in in late July 20. The streaks in the sky were more amazing in person.
Great use of the vertical pano feature, awesome color top to bottom! Love it when Mother Nature shows off like that!

Reactions: Spark 317
Shot a sunset last night out in the backyard while having a quiet moment with my Spark (you do that too, right ?). Figured I'd have some quality time alone with him before the shock he's gonna get when Mr. P4 lands on his pad but I digress... The pic I have to share is a manually shot pano taken in tripod mode with the gimbal deflected up +10-15° (ty Spark 317!). It's composed of four images stitched together using the freeware Image Composite Editor (ICE) from Microsoft. One thing I like about the pic is it looks like I added vignetting but it's just the way the lens was catching the light fading out for the evening. On the horizon there is a thick layer of fog rolling in for the night. Would have been a way better image though if I could have caught a shooting star! :)

View attachment 13220

(4 shots left to right (50% overlap) @ 75m/250ft altitude, no filters, wb:daylight - ISO:100 - shutter:1/30)

I'd like to make a request for any and all pilots here who are interested. To capture a sunset (or sunrise) from your area during the month of August and post it as a reply to this thread. Doesn't have to be a pano, it can be any format you want, anyway you want, with any drone you want just so long as its in the air and something from your area. No prizes or podium, just for some fun sharing some sun with the forum!

Really appreciate all the excellent submissions to the thead so far! Middle of August is coming up, still lots of time to shoot some more!

Sparky did this 5-shot pano of nuclear fusion from space last evening! :)

sunset_1.jpg

...and another 2-shot pano a little later:

sunset_2.jpg

Also did this video pan flying in tripod mode. Anyone else got any sunset/sunrise videos? Add to the mix if you got 'em!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast