Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Super-patcher and killing the motors

basily

Join
Oct 2, 2019
Loc
Huayapam, Oaxaca, Mexico
I have just flashed my Spark the super-patcher, and I am concerned about the hard-coded "Motors can be restarted when aircraft is inverted".

Will the motors still be cut off when the props hit something?

Sometimes my Spark gets confused as to where it is, and pushing down on the throttle to make the motors turn off doesn't always work. And lacking any working CSC to kill the motors on the Spark (I know, it's in the documentation, but it has apparently never actually worked), touching my shoe to the props is sometimes the only option I have for killing the motors.

I have seen YouTube videos of pilots hand catching and flipping the Spark to kill the motors.

Give it a try with the patched Spark.

Hold your hand up and away from you as if you were flying a paper airplane or throwing a dart and lower the Spark with the left stick.

The Spark should slowly land in your firm grasp and give it a flip.

Probably best to use the prop guards if trying for the first time.

The motors will fight you as you tilt the Spark but once at 90° it should stop the motors.

Reactions: Haggi
I have seen YouTube videos of pilots hand catching and flipping the Spark to kill the motors.

Give it a try with the patched Spark.

Hold your hand up and away from you as if you were flying a paper airplane or throwing a dart and lower the Spark with the left stick.

The Spark should slowly land in your firm grasp and give it a flip.

Probably best to use the prop guards if trying for the first time.

The motors will fight you as you tilt the Spark but once at 90° it should stop the motors.

Thanks, but this explicitly does not work after applying the super-patch.

It's also not useful when my spark is acting erratically.

If you do try the flip 90degrees mind your fingers. I tried it once, left middle finger floating by mistake and carved a load of nail off!

Yes I'm aware of the dangers of the props. First time the blades hit skin, I was lucky and thought the blades don't really cut skin, second time I learned better...

If you have the older version of dji assistant you can set that setting back. This way you can grab the Spark and tilt it to turn off the motors like stock I can find the settings if you need them. But you can YouTube how to edit parameters In dji assistant it’s very easy.

Reactions: basily
where do you go for software/firmware mods?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme