Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

switching between IPHONE and REMOTE CONTROLLER

Xtian1206

Join
Jul 22, 2017
would it be possible to link both my IPHONE and REMOTE CONTROLLER to the SPARK?

this way id be able to use my Iphone whenever its more handy to use rather than taking out the RC and hook it up with an OTG cable.

i seem not able to successfully LINK both at the same time and establish a connection to whichever i feel handy.

if this is possible, i probably might not be following the correct write-ups. a link to a proper write-up would be very much appreciated.

thank you in advance.

It's not possible to have both linked at the same time.

It's not possible to have both linked at the same time.

so this just means id have to unlink one to use the other? i.e. if my RC is linked to the SPARK id have to unlink them to link my iphone to the spark and unlink my iphone if i want to use the RC?

i plan to take shots of us riding in our mountain bike trail and since i plan to have the drone just hover above us and record us riding a segment of a trail, the drone wont be too far-out(15-20ft)that id loss signal using my iphone.

iphone because its handy and will fit on my jersey pocket...

Last edited:
so this just means id have to unlink one to use the other? i.e. if my RC is linked to the SPARK id have to unlink them to link my iphone to the spark and unlink my iphone if i want to use the RC?
Yes. It's not as convenient, but it doesn't take long.

I have a question on this topic...

Whats the easiest way to go back to using the controller after you have been flying with only an iPhone? I've been pushing the battery button for 3 seconds, and then holding down the 3 buttons on the remote. Is there an easier way?

I've been pushing the battery button for 3 seconds, and then holding down the 3 buttons on the remote. Is there an easier way?
No. That's the quickest way to reconnect the remote controller.

And when it's linked to RC how disconnect and have a wifi signal from the Spark ?

And when it's linked to RC how disconnect and have a wifi signal from the Spark ?
After the Spark has been powered on, hold the Spark power button until it beeps twice. At that point, you should be able to connect to the Spark's Wi-Fi network from your mobile device.

Which 3 buttons do you press for that quick connect method.
Are you referring to linking the remote controller to the Spark? If so, you need to hold the Pause button, Function button, and customizable button (at the top, right of the remote controller). See more details here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis