Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Switching to Sport Mode

REMUS1

Join
Dec 8, 2017
Newbe here, Is it safe to switch between P and S modes while in flight ? Should I be in hover during the switch or can I switch while flying forward ?

Newbe here, Is it safe to switch between P and S modes while in flight ? Should I be in hover during the switch or can I switch while flying forward ?
Until you get use to the Spark I would suggest making the switch from your home point

No problems, I do it all the time....

Reactions: DJ_EYE
It's perfectly safe to switch between P and S mode at anytime mid-flight (even if you're a brand new Spark pilot).

Be carefull when you are in Sport mode and you have the prop guards mounted!
Short movements at high speed and a little help from the wind can give you a tilted Spark, and this results in shut-of engines and crash...

Reactions: H Jordan High
Short movements at high speed and a little help from the wind can give you a tilted Spark, and this results in shut-of engines and crash...
Ever hear of anyone actually doing that? If so, please share the link so we can check it out.

Ever hear of anyone actually doing that? If so, please share the link so we can check it out.
I actually saw a YT video, doing this on purpose in his backyard, will have to dive in archives...:oops:

Be carefull when you are in Sport mode and you have the prop guards mounted!
Is there any way to disable that auto turn off feature when tilted? I hate that.

Enviado desde mi LGUS997 mediante Tapatalk

Is there any way to disable that auto turn off feature when tilted? I hate that.

Enviado desde mi LGUS997 mediante Tapatalk
No, i don't think so, but whitout prop gards i never had such a problem.

Reactions: Gioser
If it's at an open space, i would say go ahead and have fun.

If there are people or property nearby, I will advise against it. The sudden change in sensitivity and speed can result in loss of control of aircraft resulting in injury.

Reactions: JMR
If it's at an open space, i would say go ahead and have fun.

If there are people or property nearby, I will advise against it. The sudden change in sensitivity and speed can result in loss of control of aircraft resulting in injury.
Agreed. Just have an open space and you'll be fine. Understand how you have to handle it as it stops and turns. It's fun!!

Did it this week! Luckily my Spark landed in the grass. I wasn’t recording because I’ve found videos in sport mode to be (generally) worthless. Man is it fun though!

Reactions: JMR
Until you get use to the Spark I would suggest making the switch from your home point[/QUOTE
You have to take it out of beginner mode first for it to work. You can then switch while flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502