Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tablet

Scooped

Join
Apr 28, 2019
I purchased a Samsung 8" Tab 2 tablet for flying my spark. I went out to where I like to fly on the river and the tablet kept freezing. Had alot of lag. My Samsung 8+ works awesome with no lag. Why the lag with the tablet when I see on these forums that the tablet was suppose to be a good one for viewing? What is preferred?

I had a quick glance at the Phantom Help site featuring Tablets and it looks like the 8+ has a faster processor (2.35 GHz) verses the tab 2 at (1.9 GHz) that may affect the performance. The 8+ is two years newer too.

Also, according to the colored dots, the tab 2 is not recommend by DJI to run the Go4 app. Go3 yes, but not the Go4.

Scroll to the far right of the tablet list and click on the balloon for conversations (13) about the product and perhaps you can find additional answers to the problem and what others may have done to solve it.

You could try an OTG cable that may help in the lag.

You asked what is preferred, I know it hurts to hear this but it seems that Apple products work best.

I fly with a mini4 primarily via WiFi, but I have two Droids that I fly with sometimes via WiFi and had good performance with all three. Although the Droids can be a little finicky sometimes.

Samsung Galaxy S7 and Motorola Moto z2.

Good luck. :)

I purchased a Samsung 8" Tab 2 tablet for flying my spark. I went out to where I like to fly on the river and the tablet kept freezing. Had alot of lag. My Samsung 8+ works awesome with no lag. Why the lag with the tablet when I see on these forums that the tablet was suppose to be a good one for viewing? What is preferred?

I think as a group we still think of tablets being relatively new devices and forget how long they've been around. Maybe it's because a 10 year old tablet looks so similar to a brand new model.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 was released in 2012 and couldn't be designed to anticipate the demands of 2019 software.

Msinger had an excellent step by step guide to optimizing Android tablets for DJI Go. It is great advice but at the end of the day the Tag 2 is seven years old and on the verge of obsolesce.

Why the lag with the tablet when I see on these forums that the tablet was suppose to be a good one for viewing?
As Spark 317 already said you can try a OTG connection. Also make sure no background Apps are running while using the Go 4 (or Litchi) App.

What is preferred?
My Huawei MediaPad 5 8.4" works like a charm. Also the older Samsung Tab A works good, but it's heavy.

As Spark 317 already said you can try a OTG connection. Also make sure no background Apps are running while using the Go 4 (or Litchi) App.

My Huawei MediaPad 5 8.4" works like a charm. Also the older Samsung Tab A works good, but it's heavy.
The Tab 2 was brand new. I will look for another option to view whole flying. I dont want to use my cell phone as I dont want to tie it up while flying. Thanks for all the info

I had a quick glance at the Phantom Help site featuring Tablets and it looks like the 8+ has a faster processor (2.35 GHz) verses the tab 2 at (1.9 GHz) that may affect the performance. The 8+ is two years newer too.

Also, according to the colored dots, the tab 2 is not recommend by DJI to run the Go4 app. Go3 yes, but not the Go4.

Scroll to the far right of the tablet list and click on the balloon for conversations (13) about the product and perhaps you can find additional answers to the problem and what others may have done to solve it.

You could try an OTG cable that may help in the lag.

You asked what is preferred, I know it hurts to hear this but it seems that Apple products work best.

I fly with a mini4 primarily via WiFi, but I have two Droids that I fly with sometimes via WiFi and had good performance with all three. Although the Droids can be a little finicky sometimes.

Samsung Galaxy S7 and Motorola Moto z2.

Good luck. :)
Hello I use the ipad mini 2 work great with my Spark and Mavic Platinum

Reactions: Spark 317
Scooped,

I tried the phone thing but my fat fingers covered the screen, so I tried my old Sam 4 tablet. Had lag, pixelating, then I got an OTG cable and now works much better. I use it in airplane mode but thats me.

Hope it helps,

When I got my drone a year ago, I had an older phone which was not good enough to fly, so I thought my year old work Galaxy Note 10.1 should be up to the task. But it was no good at all - also terrible lag when running on WiFi. I briefly tried OTG but, being so big, it was so unwieldy by itself, the cable just gets in the way and loose connection when bumping it. I was surprised how much better it flew under Go4 with a fairly small phone, compared to what was supposed to be a super-dooper tablet in its time!

Thanks to everyone who has given me great replies. I am looking for a second hand phone like an S8 to fly with.

I use an iPad. The 9.7 inch.
Sometimes the iPad mini for when I’m feeling small. ?

Using my smartphone was never easy on my old eyes.

Yes I know what you mean my mini ipad 2 is good. What I pad holder do you use I also own a 9in ipad there are few on ebay but not sure what do get.

use otg cable then turn off wifi on the tablet... go into the settings and disable apps that you dont use... clear the memory witha memory cleaner... the dre ji software is so freaking heavy on memory and onresources it needs to turnbe trimmed 200 mb for an app no need... so try litchi or another app and go from there.. also dedicate the tablet to the spark dont use it for games or anything else.. maybe internet thats baout it.. and turn off the sound and video cache feature unless you loose your drone no need for it fly in open feilds line of sight and know you can get to it from the ground and youll be fine the sound and veideo cache takes a ton of cpu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex