Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

tablets thoughts: Apple or Android

MTsparky

Join
Jun 28, 2019
I have heard that some Android and some Apple tablets work with the spark. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, it seems to be working. However, I contacted DJI and according to them that tablet is not compatible. So, has anyone run it to any issues using a none compatible tablet?

I contacted DJI and according to them that tablet is not compatible
I'm sure they meant it's not supported by DJI (and not that it won't work). They don't support most of the tablets and phones people are using.

has anyone run it to any issues using a none compatible tablet?
Yes, people do sometimes run into issues. However, there are lots of working unsupported tablets in this list:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

I have been trying out several tablets to find out which one is best suited to me. I have been using the Samsun Tab A without issue, and my Nvidia shield K1. Both run DFI go 4 without issue but I have been favouring the Tab A over the K1. Booth have a mini hdmi port which is nice if you're using goggles or outputting to another device. The issue I have with all the tablets I have tried is how awful they can be to see. I have yet to find a good solution using a sun shield or film cover. My heart stops when I look at the price of a crystalsky monitor so the experimentation continues. The link in the previous post is a good place to start looking, but I think you should be fine with the tab A

I have been trying out several tablets to find out which one is best suited to me. I have been using the Samsun Tab A without issue, and my Nvidia shield K1. Both run DFI go 4 without issue but I have been favouring the Tab A over the K1. Booth have a mini hdmi port which is nice if you're using goggles or outputting to another device. The issue I have with all the tablets I have tried is how awful they can be to see. I have yet to find a good solution using a sun shield or film cover. My heart stops when I look at the price of a crystalsky monitor so the experimentation continues. The link in the previous post is a good place to start looking, but I think you should be fine with the tab A

You need to try and find a sun hood that covers all four sides of the device.

This is the one I have for my mini4.

It works great and very compact when not in use.

I found out about this from YouTuber, Peter Homer.

He has a lot of reviews on different accessories for drones, gimbals, and 3D printers.

Good Luck. ?

Thanks...that could be the ticket!

Reactions: Spark 317
I have heard that some Android and some Apple tablets work with the spark. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, it seems to be working. However, I contacted DJI and according to them that tablet is not compatible. So, has anyone run it to any issues using a none compatible tablet?

I use a basic iPad non-cellular one that I bought 2 years ago. I setup my phone as a hotspot and connect to the controller with an OTG cable. Works great. I bought an anti glare screen cover to help me see it in sunlight.

I use an iPad Mini 4 as connecting is effortless. Android sometimes is a hit or miss connecting. I have an Android phone. Huawei connects better than Samsung why I have no clue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast