Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tablets

Jangles

Join
Feb 20, 2018
I see several cheap tablets online, if I go with a tablet and OTG cable can I go with a non wifi tablet and can someone give me recommendations as to a good non apple$ tablet that would work well?

From everything I read, Android tables with OTG cables are very problematic. Everything from not working to not presenting telemetry data.

Sid

Hello,

See my answer to the other thread you posted about 7.9 inch tablets.

I use a Samsung Tab S 8.4 Android tablet. I use Wi-Fi. It seems to work very well although I have not used my Spark much since it's winter around me.

I have seen the Tab S on Amazon, Refurbished, for about $130 if you buy from one of the third party vendors.

This is an older tablet, circa 2014, but it has a very high resolution display, fast processor, and a good amount of RAM. The Android version is listed as 4.4 but mine updated itself to Android 6.0.1.

This tablet will not fit within the arms of the RC (see my "flight controller platform").

Barry.

I use a nexus 7 is fits very snug in the controller, I would recommend a table with WiFi at least as WiFi is what dji uses for the spark

I was thinking about doing an iPad mini 2-4 but couldn't stomach the price. I have a galaxy S7 phone and I am not an apple user at all. I bought my Spark a week ago and my phone wasn't cutting it. So, the new app update to 4.2.12 said android OTG fix for spark and I decided to take a chance. I bought a Samsung Galaxy tab A 32gb that is running android 7.1 (nougat). I can say that everything works great with the tablet and OTG. In fact, I depleted all three batteries I have and wanted to fly more. The Samsung tablets (unlike the iPads without cellular) have built in GPS so all of your homepoint and maps work without having to be connected to anything. The video is great, I sent my spark up to 350 feet and out about 1/2 mile on three flights and never had a single issue. Maybe DJI finally got it right for us android users?

I use a samsung s5 and sinds the app version 4.2.12 I can fly without any problems. The spark is 9 months old and I finally can fly like I want. So I guess DJI has done something to improve the spark for the Android users.

I bought a used Verizon Ellipsis 8 from Ebay for $35.00. No problems once you disable/remove anything not needed for flying..It was sold without a sim card so no cell connection ( which I wouldn't use anyway) I "stripped" it down to just use for flying and left Google Photos on it to upload any photos when done and have wi-fi access. I just download the maps when on wi-fi or use my phone as a hotspot just for maps then turn wi-fi off again. It works with OTG or just a wi-fi connection but I prefer the OTG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis