Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tacoma, WA drone woes.

Jim Bow

Join
Jun 15, 2018
Got my Spark after practising with several cheapo toys. Here's my problem.
Tried to fly from my front yard only to discover I'm warned about heliports. Went to the west side of downtown only to be warned about Narrows Airport. Went by the Port Defiance boat launch. Spark was attacked by birds nesting in the rocks.

Guess I'll have to find some open fields out in the boonies.

Reactions: Sparkster
Got my Spark after practising with several cheapo toys. Here's my problem.
Tried to fly from my front yard only to discover I'm warned about heliports. Went to the west side of downtown only to be warned about Narrows Airport. Went by the Port Defiance boat launch. Spark was attacked by birds nesting in the rocks.

Guess I'll have to find some open fields out in the boonies.
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Yes, not always easy to found nice spot for practicing.
Here you can see what DJI use as warning and protected areas: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
The restrictions are not same for all drones so be sure to select Spark as your drone.
  • Green are just warning, there could be a message in the Go4 app but you can cancel it from the app.
  • Yellow, you need to get an authorization from DJI, but it is possible to fly (if the law allow and you take the needed actions).
  • Red, the drone will be grounded.
Also in the app, in the map view, you can enable/disable the layers showing these restrictions area. If I remember well, they are disabled by default.

Happy flights

just watch out for and listen for planes and helicopters. by the way i was born in Tacoma. Miss it there!

There are some great free tools for finding good places to fly.... and the right weather too. Check out AirMap for Drones, you can install that on your mobile device, and also review zones from your computer at AirMap Web App

I would also recommend UAV Forecast.. its both an App and website... UAV Forecast

Also, FlightRadar24 - app and website, lets you see whats flying around above you in real time.
flightradar24.com

Fly safe!

Reactions: Drones_ES_MD
UAV Forecast is really nice for drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf