Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Taking my spark to UK

NickS

Join
Jun 26, 2018
Hi I'm planning to travel to the Uk from Australia with my spark. When I get it there will I have to do anything differently or will it know where it is ?
Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated
Nick

Apart from the possibility of your Spark flying upside down, I think everything will be ok if you calibrate the compass and IMU before you fly the AC.

Apart from the possibility of your Spark flying upside down, I think everything will be ok if you calibrate the compass and IMU before you fly the AC.

Thanks for that, I'll watch our for it trying to fly upside down or anti clockwise :)

Reactions: Mikero
I flew out to Australia (from Switzerland) last August for a 6-week vacation. I expected a warning to recalibrate the compass but it never came. I had no problems, although I only made short flights in the end. Also when I returned home there was no warning. Maybe I'll do a recalibrate anyway sometime soon.

We were in the Northern Territory and Western Australia and I found that connectivity RC-Drone were much better than at home - in a lot of areas there was no other WiFi or phone services, especially NT. In WA I couldn't fly to much due to very strong winds along the coast.

As others have said apart from re-calibrating you are good to fly. Its worth getting the 'Drone Assist from NATS' App when you are here as well as checking the UK regulations at dronesake.UK. Some new rules come into being this month with regards to airports!

I have taken my spark from USA to UK no problem with customs although I did carry the batteries in cabin luggage.
However, when started flying after two landings I got the following message "Switch WLAN settings. Your aircraft is flying in a different country/region. WLAN settings will reset in accordance with local regulations. Please connect later.
This was usually after 24hours!
When I checked with DJI the told me to reset the Wifi on the controller and spark, which I did. The result was that I could not connect the pair although the green light was on the RC there was a beeping sound and still could not connect.
The result is my spark is on its way to the USA to fix that was not broken before taking DJI's advice.
Just be careful and do your research.

Hi .

I have the same issue than you chits.

I'm traveling in Vietnam.

I have done the factory reset that was working.
the drone and RC was linked.

But as I conect RC with my phone I had an error message saying the WiFi setting has to switch because I am in a different country and after the drone restart, RC and drone is not connected anymore.

I try to downgrade the application ( android 4.3.14) to (android 4.1.4) and after a new factory reset I was able to link RC to drone and fly with it .

But there are a lot of lags...

I will try to figured out and find an alternative to DJI go 4 ...

Is anyone facing the same issue ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar