Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tello

Going from a Spark to a Tello was a frustrating experience. It is so limited in every way. Only suitable for indoor use and that got boring quickly. Gave mine to my kids after a week.

Tello is really just a toy to get a new group of consumers hooked on droning. Good marketing idea but severely short range and crummy video.

I should have used that money to get 2, more Spark batteries. ;)
I'm going from a Tello to a Spark :)

Can’t find TALS in App Store. Is it Android only?

Think there is a 99ct app in the app store as well. Altlimit Tello I think it is called.
Allows the max height to be altered, even higher than the Android app allows.

Went from Tello to spark, loved the tello for what it is and love the spark even more!

Reactions: D Kay
At the limit of the TALS app I am starting to lose connection. I am using it on an Android, so I don't know about ios availability.
I bought the Tello to play with while my Spark was being repaired. I like them both, but I see the Spark as a drone and the Tello as a really cool toy.

I did use a WiFi extender, Xiaomi Mi 2, and was able to fly 40-50 high and 50-60 meters away. That was far enough for the little tello I thought......

I did look at the Tello before buying a spark. The lack of range was the deal breaker with a Tello. Otherwise it would be a good quad, Australia regulations treat drones under 100 grams as toys, so they have an advantage of being allowed to fly around airports. A micro FPV quad with the right camera will out perform the Tello in every way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar