Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Abandoned Nevele Resort and a Glimpse of the Mohonk Mountain House

joeke3el

Join
Jun 25, 2019
In what may be my last video with the Spark, (selling it) my wife and I took a motorcycle ride up to New York State to film the once great Nevele resort in Wawarsing, NY. Also, while up there, with the famous Mohonk Mountain House closed, I pushed the Spark to its limits to capture some footage of that place from afar since the roads to it were not open (pandemic) at the time. These places are up near the Catskill region of New York, an area with no shortage of beauty.

Another really interesting video with a terrific reveal that blended perfectly with the narration. I knew you were going to turn around but the view caught me by complete surprise. Thanks for the trip!

Reactions: joeke3el
Thanks for sharing the history.

I always enjoyed your videos and I hope you have a replacement for the Spark.

Ariel shots accent your work along with the vintage footage of yesteryears.

Once again, thanks for sharing. :)

Very nice and that long flight looked spectacular if not heart in the mouth! Glad you got her back safely presumably to sell?

Thanks for watching it. Yes, that was a long haul for the Spark. I use the ARGTek antennas on the controller and where I get great range with those, it pushes the boundaries of the batteries. Yes, probably selling as I now have a Mavic Air 2.

Another really interesting video with a terrific reveal that blended perfectly with the narration. I knew you were going to turn around but the view caught me by complete surprise. Thanks for the trip!

Thank you for watching and your kind comments. When I got home and was able to see the footage on a computer screen, the view caught me by surprise too! I'm glad I got up that way when I did. It's probably the first time in its history that resort was closed. Otherwise I would have been flying over people as the place is usually busy. Didn't want to do that. It was a great opportunity though for a sad reason.

Reactions: hiflyer
Nice film journal. Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear your selling your Spark.

Thanks, Brian. I bought a Mavic Air 2 several weeks after this was filmed and even though I love the Spark, I'm thinking it won't get used enough if I keep it.

Thanks for sharing the history.

I always enjoyed your videos and I hope you have a replacement for the Spark.

Ariel shots accent your work along with the vintage footage of yesteryears.

Once again, thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks for watching! Yes, I now have the Mavic Air 2 and figure the Spark will not get used too much anymore. So, haven't pulled the trigger yet but thinking I should sell it. It's probably not good for the batteries to sit around too much.

Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks for watching! Yes, I now have the Mavic Air 2 and figure the Spark will not get used too much anymore. So, haven't pulled the trigger yet but thinking I should sell it. It's probably not good for the batteries to sit around too much.

Agreed. :)

Good luck on your purchase... ? :) :) :)

I am also thinking of getting an MA 2, what are you thoughts?

I think DJI really nailed it for the hobbyist with the MA2. It's even being discussed by some if it can handle pro usage. Its half inch camera sensor and advanced tracking and obstacle avoidance is quite an offer in the sub $1000 range. These features, along with the 34 min flight time, make it superior to the original Mavic Pro and Platinum all offered at a lower price than they went for. Its camera capabilities exceed that of even the Mavic Zoom. (minus the mechanical zoom of course) I love it when technology brings us more advanced features while the price drops. Some day I'm sure someone will offer even more for less but for 2020 I think the MA2 is the one that wins the "more for less" category. I love mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme