Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The cost of registering your drone

Playthru

Join
Dec 31, 2017
Is the cost really $49.99 or is just a ripoff site.Can someone point me to a legit site if the one I found is bogus.

Thanks everyone I live in the St.Louis Mo area and I am glad I checked in here on the cost because the $49.99 did not sound right.
Five bucks is not bad and I am registered now.

You are not required to register your drone. Glad you didnt pay the 49.99

In the USA, the drone registration elimination was reversed.

So, the original requirement to register all drones (between .55 lbs and 55 lbs) with the US FAA is in effect.

In the USA, the drone registration elimination was reversed.

So, the original requirement to register all drones (between .55 lbs and 55 lbs) with the US FAA is in effect.

Thanks for setting me straight. I thought I read in the frequently asked questions on the FAA website that you didn't have to, but I think I just misread it.

So what if you registered it before they stopped it? Do you have to do again or is that first time good?

So what if you registered it before they stopped it? Do you have to do again or is that first time good?
Unless you canceled your registration from before, your registration will be good for 3 years from when you first registered. You can log in to the FAA's registration website and see when yours expires.

It's also printed on the registration certificate you received when you registered.

Reactions: mikep2323
So lets get this straight, you DO NOT register your drone with the FAA. YOU, the person, register with the FAA. They provide you a number which you put on your drone(s)....

And YES its required once again...

There are B.S. websites out there trying to take advantage of people. The fee is 5 USD... I wish DJI would push out some notification when someone first gets a drone with a link to the FAA UAS registration site. I'm not saying you should be forced to register but it should provide a legitimate link....

There are a bunch of sites claiming they will take care of all the paperwork plus send you a handy decal of your registration number to stick on your drone, all for the low price of $49.99. Here's the facts:
1) The FAA site charges $5 - really easy, takes about 2 minutes of your time
2) You can buy the decals on eBay for around $4

Or if you have a label maker. Just print it yourself. You can even hand write it on a pice of tape. There is no requirement the numbers have to be professionally done. Heck you can even take a sharpie to you drone....

There are a bunch of sites claiming they will take care of all the paperwork plus send you a handy decal of your registration number to stick on your drone, all for the low price of $49.99. Here's the facts:
1) The FAA site charges $5 - really easy, takes about 2 minutes of your time
2) You can buy the decals on eBay for around $4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar