Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The dreaded Terrace roundabout

While roundabouts may have been a thing in Europe for quite awhile, they're fairly recent to the U.S., at least in my part of the country. A lot of drivers, particularly those of us of who've been driving for over a half century, are still not comfortable or confident in them. I don't have a problem with them, but while they may be more efficient and less costly in some ways than traffic light-governed intersections, they have their shortcomings. Late in the video there was a blue flatbed semi tractor-trailer that was longer than the turn radius would accommodate and he ran onto the inner area trying to make a right.

The vehicle at 1:09 seen going the wrong was either: A) DUI or B) a foreigner from a country that drives on the right hand side of the road. Even though foreign driver licenses may be accepted, familiarity with something as basic as driving on the proper side of the road can produce undesired results.

The round a bout is still not quite finished. The semi making the right turn will have a lane to itself once it's done. Just mass confusion. Not sure if the driver was a foreigner as this time of year, where we are in Canada don't have many tourist. There was flag people there to help aid the flow and they seemed to just watch the show instead of correcting the driver. Will make great videos. Will try and film more at a busy time when traffic is busy.

This will be good once it is finished proper. They are going to wait til spring to complete it. Winter here will be absolutely crazy in the roundabout

Great idea to film the Roundabout. I love the one near me. It really saves time. I thought when they were building that it was way to tight..but that's what makes it perfect. Very easy to judge the speed of the other vehicles. About the only bonehead moment is when somebody unfamiliar stops to give way...yike's...but heck..we were all there once

Reactions: RotorWash
There is one in my town where the roundabout has THREE lanes and FIVE "ports". It can get a little confusing, esp. when people are flying through there.
There is one in Long Beach Ca. that has been there forever. It's big and lots of lanes etc..a nightmare. Almost as bad as trying to drive around one in England going the opposite direction..

Reactions: jimlips
I am a Brit living in Canada, people here are scared of them! Great for the environment (no stopping) not so good for little old ladies, mind you, most little old ladies here should not be behind a steering wheel period!

Reactions: twickers14
You should try this bad boy..
PREVIEW
0:16
The Magic Roundabout in Swindon, England.
YouTube · The Froste Channel
26 May 2017

People here in Canada would get out thier car shake their head and walk away! Wow, it's pure genius though, great video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar