Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Great Steam Train Chase - my first Spark Video

Flyinghighest

Join
Sep 2, 2018
After owning a Spark for three months now, learning how to fly, experimenting, etc., I finally did my first video: Chasing a steam train passing by our house! Check it out here:

This took a bit of set-up. Once we knew the train was coming and the approximate time (can always change - and did), my wife took her bike to the next up-rail trainstation about three miles from our home. There she waited until the train came, phoned me - and now I had 5 minutes to set everything up, set the home point, take off and go into position to start the chase.

Sparkey is not easy to control smoothly in Sport mode, going 50 km/h plus, but I was lucky and the results are quite nice.

Enjoy

nice one that's when the mod app would have come in handy because it has the Mavic modes cinematic mode that keeps the gimble in follow mode so your videos don't have that twitching like you are in fpv mode and you still use the Sparks full Speed.

Reactions: Flyinghighest
Nice. The smoke coming up through the trees is an interesting angle.

I just got mine last week, and I'm excited about finding things to film. I've been practicing flying and filming using the different modes.

I live in the middle of corn and soybean fields. No cool trains to film here. Just seeing the landscape from 400 ft up has been exciting enough for me for now.

Now that is something I have not seen in a long while... a steam powered locomotive. Where is this by the way? And great video too!

Now that is something I have not seen in a long while... a steam powered locomotive. Where is this by the way? And great video too!
It's all happening in the Czech Republic, right outside my house, which is located nearby a small, local train track, usually served by tram-looking small commuter trains (about once an hour). In the summer, a museum of classic trains and engines, which is connected to this particular route, conducts touristic steam train trips to Prague and back. They happen infrequently but they're very popular with train enthusiasts of all ages.

Reactions: graywoulf
I bet that is a great train ride! Thank you for the information.

It's all happening in the Czech Republic, right outside my house, which is located nearby a small, local train track, usually served by tram-looking small commuter trains (about once an hour). In the summer, a museum of classic trains and engines, which is connected to this particular route, conducts touristic steam train trips to Prague and back. They happen infrequently but they're very popular with train enthusiasts of all ages.
It's beautiful countryside. I've been to Prague and Melnik. It has been awhile though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast