Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The importance of pre flight checks

Join
Oct 17, 2019
It's a beautiful morning and after days of wind and rain I was looking forward to surveying the flooding with sparky. As I gave it a pre flight check I noticed a very small, hardly visible hairline crack in one of the propellors! The crack was near the hub and was tiny but I made the decision to abort my mission and I've ordered a pair of props as sadly I didn't have any spares. This check could have averted disaster! Just goes to show the importance of a pre flight check!

Just goes to show the importance of a pre flight check!

And check the list every time before the Spark takes flight.

Before heading out the door, I'll check the UAV Forecast and the AIRMAP apps for current conditions.

No since lugging stuff around if the weather or the airspace is restricted due to a NOTAM or TFR.

It's a beautiful morning and after days of wind and rain I was looking forward to surveying the flooding with sparky. As I gave it a pre flight check I noticed a very small, hardly visible hairline crack in one of the propellors! The crack was near the hub and was tiny but I made the decision to abort my mission and I've ordered a pair of props as sadly I didn't have any spares. This check could have averted disaster! Just goes to show the importance of a pre flight check!
Definitely a must. I always remove them and check over a small flashlight, any defect will present a little more obvious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe