Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The New UK drone Laws

The Helmet

Join
Jul 22, 2018
As we the community are aware in the uk the law now states you must keep the drone in view at all times ,so those who have purchased mavic and the top end drones have basically wasted there hard earned money when all you can now fly within the law is a dj spark whick in the uk is limited to 1000 feet due to weak wi fi signals.

The DJI spark (and other DJI products) have the capability to fly further but the WiFi transmitting power has been throttled back in Europe. This effectively forces pilots to fly within their field of view.. Personally, I fly my Spark for photography and footage capture and don’t tend to stray very far from where I am standing to get the shots I require.. i also love whizzing it about in sports mode but it’s always very close to me when I do! My habits and requirements won’t particularly change but UK law wouldn’t stop me upgrading to the Mavic etc in future, it just means I’d get better quality shots and footage..

Reactions: Gra8pmkn
The DJI spark (and other DJI products) have the capability to fly further but the WiFi transmitting power has been throttled back in Europe. This effectively forces pilots to fly within their field of view.. Personally, I fly my Spark for photography and footage capture and don’t tend to stray very far from where I am standing to get the shots I require.. i also love whizzing it about in sports mode but it’s always very close to me when I do! My habits and requirements won’t particularly change but UK law wouldn’t stop me upgrading to the Mavic etc in future, it just means I’d get better quality shots and footage..
While i am not from uk i am also from CE region and recently upgraded from my spark to mavic 2 zoom, and its night and day difference even on CE. Occusync 2 on mavic 2 is a joy even in CE regions and CE power output dji puts it at 5 km on CE 8 km on FCC. So far i have manaved around 2.5 km even on CE. Anyway just thought i would mentioned occusync 2 vastly better even on CE, but i get that LOS in uk still makes for an issue lol

What about having a spotter that is using binoculars? ;)

Your laws are probably like the FAA, no binoculars.

You probably could post a spotter every 1/4 mile along the route with radio communication back to the PIC.

That's going to be a lot of spotters for the Mavic / Phantom pilots.:p

Reactions: Lostmycopter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme