Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The rights of droners!

I agree totally. Ban everything that is annoying to the general public. But in reality, when banning nuisances, you have to start somewhere. It is simply easier to ban new things than to ban existing nuisances.

better yet, ban the public because they are really annoying ;)

Reactions: TangoMango
Thanks for sharing. Sadly as I am across the Atlantic I cannot take action on some of your efforts, but I wish you well. North America needs something like this too.
NODE is active in Canada, too. See my link in post #2. They were instrumental in getting our regs to where they are today, as opposed to the super-duper knee jerk "interim regulations" we once had.

Ik zou bij deze willen weten, of je voor het vliegen met een drone boven een stadspark, (geen staatspark) al dan niet de toelating nodig hebt van de plaatselijke overheid (burgemeester)? Ik heb het over de Belgische Staat.

all U.S. national parks are NO FLY ZONES . if you do fly in a national park do not post the video , you can be tracked by it and fined . it's happened . even in some parks where there are no posted warnings ( no drones ) the park police do not know the law anyway and will summons you and confiscate your drone and you will have to go to court and also get a lawyer . ask before you fly in a place ( park ) you don't know .
Technically, the NP are not no fly zones - they can prohibit the launching and landing of drones within the park, but can't control the airspace over it. Only the FAA controls airspace, so if you can take off and land in, say a public right of way along the park entrance (outside the park) you can fly - legally - all you want. Be aware of laws about harassing wildlife, disturbing nesting raptors, etc. though. Those restrictions can also bite you.

In my state you CAN fly in state parks, but you have to jump through hoops to do so. I just wanted to fly my new Mavic around a park last spring. Following the law, I contacted the park manager, filled out the forms, and was prepared to send them in with $25 (to fly for about an hour!), when I was told I'd need a $1 million insurance policy! WTF?? This was also before you could get insurance online in advance with the Verifly app. You had to show proof of insurance before they'd approve the flight. "Crap," I said.

When our friends and us arrived, there were two other campers in the entire park, and they were out fishing. The two young rangers at the park were picking up garbage and watching TV at the entry station. Not another soul in site. Hmmmmmm.

I hear you. The parks are excuses for the mafia owned landscaping companies to make money cutting grass with illegal immigrants in CT. Their machines are a nuisance and pollute the air with no control. No catalytic converter, no mufflers, no emmision control, but that is okay. Ban drones!

NODE is active in Canada, too. See my link in post #2. They were instrumental in getting our regs to where they are today, as opposed to the super-duper knee jerk "interim regulations" we once had.

Missed that, thanks. Will take a closer look.

In fact planes and jets do not have emmision control which makes no sense since the there are so many planes with the numbers growing daily! Government does not care about safety and health unless it profits them in some way. The hypocrisy is up to the sky literally!

let's not start a pissing contest but what do you think a NO FLY ZONE means . go to you tube an watch the person that went into a national park and posted a video on line and then received a letter in the mail to appear in court and was fined . he had to get a lawyer and fought the case but in the end he had to settle in court not for the full amount of the fine but a small amount about $1200 if i remember correctly . if you are saying it's a NO FLY ZONE then it is and you know it is .the DJI software should stop you from flying in that zone unless you over ride it or hack it . fly with in the rules and don't make things bad for the rest of us who still want to fly and hear about more drones doing the wrong things , don't give the FAA more fuel to ground us all . if you do fly in a NO FLY ZONE keep it to your self we don't want to know .
fly safe

You don't get it! We are trying to make it a fly zone. The state has overstated it's power over the faa. The faa does not declare it a no fly zone. The state does which it does not have the jurisdiction to do.

You don't get it! We are trying to make it a fly zone. The state has overstated it's power over the faa. The faa does not declare it a no fly zone. The state does which it does not have the jurisdiction to do.
OK i do understand your concern and i wish it would happen where you live and are flying , then that would set a president and i would be able to fly in the national park where i used to fly . we flew at miller air field for years never a problem , never posted that we could not fly at millers air field . even the local police never had a problem with us flying there but one day along came a park ranger to warn us never fly your drones here again , the ranger was nice but no more fling there . but remember a NFZ is what it means . it's getting harder to find a place to fly at least for me .
fly safe .

Actually I feel like a criminal every time when I try to find a place to fly my drone in London or around. It’s a bit silly.

Right from the FAA:
"Cities and municipalities are not permitted to have their own rules or regulations governing the operation of aircraft.
However, as indicated, they may generally determine the location of aircraft landing sites through their land use powers."
Press Release – FAA Statement–Federal vs. Local Drone Authority

So take off, land, and operate from areas that are legal. Pretty simple.

Right from the FAA:
"Cities and municipalities are not permitted to have their own rules or regulations governing the operation of aircraft.
However, as indicated, they may generally determine the location of aircraft landing sites through their land use powers."
Press Release – FAA Statement–Federal vs. Local Drone Authority

So take off, land, and operate from areas that are legal. Pretty simple.

G'day.
We have similar rules in Australia. We can't take off or land within national parks, fly near protected wildlife or within 30m of other 'non-observing' persons etc. However we can fly over a national park if taking off & landing from adjacent land . The local authority, CASA, also excluded areas permitted during flight, such as flying over military areas, prisons, near emergency situations (accidents/wildfires) or local heliports/airports NFZ's within 5.5km (3.4 Miles?). I assume the FAA rules may be very similar?

So we have 2 rules. Ground take off & landing permissions v's airspace rules once in flight.
Complicated?

Hopefully the following link will assist for you local area:
Drone Laws in Connecticut (2018) - UAV Coach

I'm on the other side of the world - please tell me any differences.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Technically, the NP are not no fly zones - they can prohibit the launching and landing of drones within the park, but can't control the airspace over it. Only the FAA controls airspace, so if you can take off and land in, say a public right of way along the park entrance (outside the park) you can fly - legally - all you want. Be aware of laws about harassing wildlife, disturbing nesting raptors, etc. though. Those restrictions can also bite you.

In my state you CAN fly in state parks, but you have to jump through hoops to do so. I just wanted to fly my new Mavic around a park last spring. Following the law, I contacted the park manager, filled out the forms, and was prepared to send them in with $25 (to fly for about an hour!), when I was told I'd need a $1 million insurance policy! WTF?? This was also before you could get insurance online in advance with the Verifly app. You had to show proof of insurance before they'd approve the flight. "Crap," I said.

When our friends and us arrived, there were two other campers in the entire park, and they were out fishing. The two young rangers at the park were picking up garbage and watching TV at the entry station. Not another soul in site. Hmmmmmm.

The whole Yellowstone area is a no fly zone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502