Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Upper Limits of Drone Videography

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
This video by Johnny FPV demonstrates the cutting edge of drone videography. Even though our Sparks can't duplicate some of these maneuvers there's a lot to be learned from his techniques. Incredible editing and use of music as well.

Simply awe inspiring...

The Sky Is Not The Limit

5A21C69D-A6E0-4B7E-BA1F-2C84D21D3560.jpeg

WOW!

That is some impressive flying.

Awesome!.
Most of the acrobatic FPV I've seen before has bad cameras and bad video transmission. This is far from the norm

I wonder if the DJI RE Goggles could match the Fat shark visual.
Anyone have any experience with the two?

Awesome!.
Most of the acrobatic FPV I've seen before has bad cameras and bad video transmission. This is far from the norm I wonder if the DJI RE Goggles could match the Fat shark visual.
Anyone have any experience with the two?
What you are seeing is the flight cam video and not the FPV feed video. The racing mini quads usually have two cameras on board. The FPV video feed is always choppy from signal loss. The signal from the FPV cam is relevant to the quality and output of the on board gear as well.

There is another FPV pilot on YouTube that lives somewhere in Norway that takes even better video than this guy. I wish I could remember his name to post a link. He makes FPV cinematic videos that are unique and does a lot less aerobatic moves that make them so. But this was a great video to see as well. I think that if you had a FPV pilot fly a Spark, you might get something similar. I think its all in the flying style you are used to in that respect.

There is another FPV pilot on YouTube that lives somewhere in Norway that takes even better video than this guy. I wish I could remember his name to post a link. He makes FPV cinematic videos that are unique and does a lot less aerobatic moves that make them so. But this was a great video to see as well. I think that if you had a FPV pilot fly a Spark, you might get something similar. I think its all in the flying style you are used to in that respect.

Pretty sure that Spark's 2-axis gimbal would give terrible panning artifact if flown by "maniac" FPV pilot in Sport Mode. That guy used a second on-board camera. I've seen people attach GoPro to their Spark with mixed results. Plenty of great FPV drone footage if you search YouTube - but very few with cinematic feel of this one.

I thought the video was excellent: exposure, editing, music, subject, tempo. And the ability to keep subjects properly framed was insane (cliff divers?!?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis