Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Thinking about selling my good ol' Spark

macrodrone

Join
Mar 11, 2020
Hellooo everyone, new to the forums.

So, I've been thinking A LOT about selling my DJI Spark. I own the Spark and the original Mavic Pro. I've kept both because they both come in handy for specific occasions and it's hard to get rid of one or the other. Both are still really great quads.

The Spark is super rugged and perfect for when I'm out hiking and want the ability to hand launch super quick from a cliff or open area with a cool view. I also think the Spark, from flying both so often, actually takes better photos than the Mavic Pro.

The Mavic Pro takes a little more setting up and time to get things going and in the air, but the 3-axis gimbal, longer flight time, 4k video and OcuSync (definitely the best feature over the Spark) definitely beats out the little Spark.

What do you guys think, in terms of keeping one or the other? I guess I can keep both, but I'm just looking for some opinions.

Thanks!

Reactions: Spark 317
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland macrodrone.

Ever hear the saying ,

"You're dam_ed if you do, dam_ed if you don't."

If I had both, I would keep them both.

The Spark is easy, and convenient to fly for a short flight.

The MP for a longer, cinematic flight when you have more time to adjust the camera settings to your liking and capture the subject.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: macrodrone

So, I've been thinking A LOT about selling my DJI Spark. I own the Spark and the original Mavic Pro. I've kept both because they both come in handy for specific occasions and it's hard to get rid of one or the other. Both are still really great quads.

The Spark is super rugged and perfect for when I'm out hiking and want the ability to hand launch super quick from a cliff or open area with a cool view. I also think the Spark, from flying both so often, actually takes better photos than the Mavic Pro.

The Mavic Pro takes a little more setting up and time to get things going and in the air, but the 3-axis gimbal, longer flight time, 4k video and OcuSync (definitely the best feature over the Spark) definitely beats out the little Spark.

What do you guys think, in terms of keeping one or the other? I guess I can keep both, but I'm just looking for some opinions.

Thanks!
Hello, I sold the Mavic and kept the Spark. I was looking for convenience and the Spark is very practical. And then I am keeping the money waiting for a future DJI drone that will have the best of the Spark but with better flight time and video

Reactions: graywoulf
I'd keep both if you aren't hurting for money. Both great birds as you've already know the pros and cons with each.

Hello, I sold the Mavic and kept the Spark. I was looking for convenience and the Spark is very practical. And then I am keeping the money waiting for a future DJI drone that will have the best of the Spark but with better flight time and video
Spark is definitely the best for convenience. It takes me less than a few minutes to get the controller and app going and under 30 seconds to get the quad in the air. Also, I do mostly photography when I'm out flying and the Spark takes some really amazing photos.

unless you need more shelf space..keep em both. ..I agree with you about the Spark camera..
Yes! I've done side by side tests with the photo capabilities with the Mavic Pro and Spark. Same time, same shot, same settings and the Spark really does win every time for photography. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I think you are disrespecting your good ole spark :rolleyes:
haha, i agree. i’ve decided to keep it since my post. i took it out the other day got it all charged up and ready to go. it’s just too great of a quad to give up.

i’ll probably take it out today, in fact.

Thanks!
Hello sir, I’m brand new to this forum. I actually was seeking out a similar place as this to be able to speak with and ask questions of owners prior to a purchase. I am currently seeking a DJI drone for my family. Honestly this will be my first and most likely will use it without a remote for the most of the time. I have been watching online for similar drones for sale and I can see there a lot of them but I have no idea what I would get. To be honest I would feel more comfortable getting suggestions from this community in a proper way to search out a spark for purchase. I understand that more than likely anyone here would be very reluctant to sell their “ baby”. I’m open to any discussions concerning this and suggestions for purchase of an gently used spark if there is such a thing. To give some background on me : I am an ex military combat medic age 51. I am currently on short term disability and have be on disability 3 times now in the last 2 years. Too many medical issues to speak of. Anyway I would take great pleasure in being able to own and operate one of these. My limited budget has been the biggest hurdle. Having said that I have come to understand that DJI is the “ gold standard “ of drones and as such I will wait till I can own one as opposed to a crappy drone. I have managed to save over the past year and feel I am close to what a typical price would be for a used spark. Again , I appreciate anyone’s time for reading this book I have wrote and look forward to any and all input. Thanks so much and have a great day all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme