Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Thoughts on the DJI Osmo pocket?

Huntman2014

Join
Jul 26, 2019
Hello flyers! I am purchaseing a dji osmo pocket and just wondering if anyone had it and some tips/tricks/pointers! thank for the help in advance!

Hello flyers! I am purchaseing a dji osmo pocket and just wondering if anyone had it and some tips/tricks/pointers! thank for the help in advance!
I bought the Osmo Action instead. There are some YouTube videos to compare and contrast the two. For me, liked the capability to use the Action on both a tripod, unipod, or independently (like it's competition, Go Pro). Either way, the video from the Action or Pocket works nicely with the video from my Spark when editing.

Reactions: Huntman2014
I have both and love them. I use the Action for hiking and trekking and the Pocket when doing cinematic shots where I can use the follow and tilt mode. If you get the Pocket, I suggest, get also the extender.

Reactions: Huntman2014
I have both and love them. I use the Action for hiking and trekking and the Pocket when doing cinematic shots where I can use the follow and tilt mode. If you get the Pocket, I suggest, get also the extender.
Also, could you possibly inform me on what micro SD card you use in your osmo pocket? I've been considering getting a 128 GB sansdisk extreme for it but i have heard that it may be too slow...256 GB is the max it can have andwould love to know what works best for you! thanks!

Also, could you possibly inform me on what micro SD card you use in your osmo pocket? I've been considering getting a 128 GB sansdisk extreme for it but i have heard that it may be too slow...256 GB is the max it can have andwould love to know what works best for you! thanks!
128 or 256, as long as they’re U3 (made for 4K video) and not U1. I use two 64 Gig Sandisk extreme, I’d rather have a spare, just in case one gets corrupted, you don’t lose a lot of your files. Most of the time I use 4 32gig unless I’m on a trip or vacation. The only accessories I have for the Pocket are, ND filters, OP extender (dji), and the wifi module. The extender has all the controls already built in including a 1/4 inch tripod mount socket, don’t be attracted all kinds of accessories in the market that you might not need. Check YouTube for “Osmo Pocket Accessories You May/May Not Need”. Enjoy!!

128 or 256, as long as they’re U3 (made for 4K video) and not U1. I use two 64 Gig Sandisk extreme, I’d rather have a spare, just in case one gets corrupted, you don’t lose a lot of your files. Most of the time I use 4 32gig unless I’m on a trip or vacation. The only accessories I have for the Pocket are, ND filters, OP extender (dji), and the wifi module. The extender has all the controls already built in including a 1/4 inch tripod mount socket, don’t be attracted all kinds of accessories in the market that you might not need. Check YouTube for “Osmo Pocket Accessories You May/May Not Need”. Enjoy!!
Ok, I will watch some of those videos and get a few of the things you listed! I think im gonna get a 128 GB chip and a 64 GB as a spare, thanks for the info man! :)happy flying and videoing! :cool:

Reactions: moore9609
I totally agree with Roy. Having gone through a fair bit of accessories, I'd say the list of accessories by Roy will serve you well. A possible addition would be the Freewell ultra wide angle lens.
An indulgence of mine is the OP charging case, just because it's kinda cool the way it opens. [emoji23]

Seriously, the OP is a great cam, and I've used it extensively for my holiday trips. [emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe