Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

To landing gear? or not to landing gear?

His415

Join
Jul 12, 2017
I got some RCGeek products for free and put together this quick review.
Also I've purchased a few other Landing Gear styles and Will do a quick review of them all.

Let me know if you have any questions about the RCGeek products I'm happy to answer what I can or test for specifics.

Do you think it will weaken the arms in the long run?
I am considering some landing gear as well but prefer something that attach to the body rather than the arms.
I mean, prop guards are already another "extra" so this will add more.
And the "push to insert" method kinda scares me.. when will it break, or worse, when will it break the arms..

Reactions: _.jacobt._
I've got the little clip-on landing gears. I used them in almost every flight on my recent holiday. Invaluable, imo..If you intend to fly (land) anywhere other than a landing pad or a table, they will do their job. I can't see how they will weaken the arms, though. The arms are very well braced for tensile strength. I've crashed my Spark a few times, now. Once quite badly. Broke two props but the landing struts and arms are tickety-boo. The Spark is much tougher than it would appear to be!

I'm getting the polystyrene ball water landing gear next!

Reactions: Pashasdad
I usually just land on palm, but hey, to each his own :)
In my situation, aside from my worry about the alteration to the physical structure of the arms/ flight dynamics, i also dont find it quite useful.
I mean, if it is high grass, the extra height might or might not be enough.
Same for rocky surfaces.
Sand, dont even mention, the burst of sand was an experience I will not want to redo.
So I guess if it works for some then yes this is great, for the rest, palm land ftw :D

Reactions: roarc3 and SparkTom
Hmmm that's an interesting point. The spark lands so softly that I don't think it will weaken the arms. But a crash is another matter. I did crash my spark with the landing gear on and it all came off and went flying everywhere. So I don't think it put much pressure on the arms.

Last edited:
How do you start the motors with one hand. I only know the two stick down and out method.

Oh map a button, duh that's perfect! Thank you!

Would recommend the Fn one, shoulder button always gets hit unwantedly while handling stuff...

You can also use the palm takeoff with the double battery button press even with the remote too.

When you get them, I'd like to know if any of these gear options can be used in conjunction with the OEM prop guards.

Reactions: His415
When you get them, I'd like to know if any of these gear options can be used in conjunction with the OEM prop guards.

The finger guards will, but the landing gear will not.

Would recommend the Fn one, shoulder button always gets hit unwantedly while handling stuff...

You can also use the palm takeoff with the double battery button press even with the remote too.

Went looking for the button assignment for the land and take off and it seems to be gone. I'm using iOS 4.1.9

IMG_7629.jpg

Brilliant

How do you start the motors with one hand. I only know the two stick down and out method.
You don't need any buttons or swipe commands or stick inputs. Just face the Spark towards you, double tap the battery button - job done.
You can then take over with the remote and fly.
When you bring it back, simply go go into gesture control in the app and with the aircraft facing you once again, hold your hand out underneath the aircraft!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar