Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

To landing gear? or not to landing gear?

Thanks Lancelot, I have a pair of other landing gear too.
A small tip about the RCGeek landing gear they have a Flashlight version too. :) But that's another ball of wax.

Does any of these add on landing gears affect flight time? I usually take off from a flat surface and just do a grab/tilt sideways for a landing so the landing gear doesn't make much sense to my style but I can see if you have to fly off from grass or that sort. However, having that the spark already has a limited flight time, does the additional weight or drag decrease the flight time? Anyone care to test it out.

Always makes me laugh no matter drone I fly and forum I frequent; all the "cool kids" hand catch... :rolleyes:

Personally, I prefer "risk reduction", years of working around dangerous machinery has taught me to not put yourself in more danger than necessary. I've hand caught every drone I've ever owned, Inspire, Phantom, Typhoon H, etc... when hand catching was the BEST option given terrain, winds, etc...

Personally I'll pick up the landing gear just in case a need arises.

Its the same with the Prop guards. I've got them and will use them where I think I may need them...

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Big thumbs up on the prop guards.:)

I use them every flight.

I probably would have replaced my props half a dozen times already if it wasn't for them.

Always makes me laugh no matter drone I fly and forum I frequent; all the "cool kids" hand catch... :rolleyes:

Personally, I prefer "risk reduction", years of working around dangerous machinery has taught me to not put yourself in more danger than necessary. I've hand caught every drone I've ever owned, Inspire, Phantom, Typhoon H, etc... when hand catching was the BEST option given terrain, winds, etc...

Personally I'll pick up the landing gear just in case a need arises.

Its the same with the Prop guards. I've got them and will use them where I think I may need them...

"All the cool kids ". Hahaha

I palm land, or normally grab and turn, my Spark.

Wanted to let you know that more than once, got my fingers into the rotors when grabbing in emergency (once had to jump to get it in gesture mode...). Hurts, but causes no injury. So, all those protective gadgets are for nothing, IMHO.

Reactions: Peter Powers
I too have leather hands but others skin can be more fragile. My wife has very thin skin.

I'm going to avoid attaching anything extra to the drone just because of the decreased flight time due to the extra weight/drag. With battery life already sub-20-minutes, I dont wanna shorten that at all.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

That's fair, the landing gear is super light, I'll have to do a test for you and see if it's any noticeable difference.

IMG_0065.PNG I've seen some crazy photos of Sparks overloaded with accessories. For me, the Spark is about reducing the amount of gear I carry, so adding to it is counterproductive.

That said - I can see some scenarios where landing gear might be handy for some.

What? No prop guards?

View attachment 1289 I've seen some crazy photos of Sparks overloaded with accessories. For me, the Spark is about reducing the amount of gear I carry, so adding to it is counterproductive.

That said - I can see some scenarios where landing gear might be handy for some.

Palm take off and Land is the only way to go with the little Spark in my opinion. I do see the benefit of the finger guards but as long as you consciously think about the fact that your fingers could potentially be in danger when you're landing you'll be fine.

Reactions: Peter Powers
I got some RCGeek products for free and put together this quick review.
Also I've purchased a few other Landing Gear styles and Will do a quick review of them all.

Let me know if you have any questions about the RCGeek products I'm happy to answer what I can or test for specifics.

Bought a set of these, they arrived yesterday. Snapped the first one on, attempted to do the second one and one side of the clip broke off - packed them up and sent them back.

Bummer man!

For anyone with a 3D printer, these are very handy .....

full

full

Files available here .... DJI Spark Landing Leg by jhon827
I made mine with TPU which grips really well but won't scratch.
Each leg weighs just 2 grams and they're really quick and easy to fit/remove.

Reactions: Dronason
For anyone with a 3D printer, these are very handy .....

full

full

Files available here .... DJI Spark Landing Leg by jhon827
I made mine with TPU which grips really well but won't scratch.
Each leg weighs just 2 grams and they're really quick and easy to fit/remove.
Thanks for sharing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis