Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Transfer DJI sticker to new body

Jeddy

Join
Sep 1, 2018
Hey, I am going to replace the middle body of my spark and would love to transfer the sticker with the qr code under the battery to the new frame. Has anyone done that? Is it possible? Thanks!

Hey, I am going to replace the middle body of my spark and would love to transfer the sticker with the qr code under the battery to the new frame. Has anyone done that? Is it possible? Thanks!
I’d buy some Avery labels, scan the current sticker to my photos, then print it onto a sticker to put on the new frame.

Reactions: Jeddy
I would imagine that the sticker in question is firmly attached and would be difficult to remove. I think that taking a good clear picture of it for record keeping sake is a good idea before attempting to remove it. If you have access to a scanner you could do that in addition to a picture as well. My experience in label removal has taught me to use a hair dryer and heat the sticker until it is good and hot before trying to peel it off. The heat greatly helps in softening the adhesive thus making the removal much easier. Then afterwards if the removal is successful, you may need to find additional means of reattaching the label as the original adhesive will be less likely to work as it first did. I have used packing tape to cover labels and then trim it down leaving an outer rim to fit the surrounding area. this will also provide protection as would a lamination. I hope this helps and you are successful with the label transfer. :)

Use a heat gun set at low and a pair of tweezers to lift it off.
I think that a heat gun even on a low setting would produce way too much heat. An 1800 watt hair dryer would suffice. This I unfortunately know from experience. :eek: ;)

Might try what wilcoxads suggested first and reproduce the label before I try to transfer. Thanks for all the help! I feel pretty good because I successfully transplanted every thing into the new frame tonight and it works!

Might try what wilcoxads suggested first and reproduce the label before I try to transfer. Thanks for all the help! I feel pretty good because I successfully transplanted every thing into the new frame tonight and it works!
Congratulations on a job well done! I watched a YouTube video a while back on how to disassemble a Spark and even with all of my years of experience in doing such things, I thought it looked like quite a challenge. I am glad it all worked our for you.

Yeah, I used a YouTube video for reassurance. The hardest parts were putting one of the rubber mounts for the gimbal back in place and unsoldering the escs and motors and putting them back together. I like working on cell phones so this wasn’t much different. I have to say I really have a deeper appreciation for DJI engineering, as much as I am amazed by the outer appearance, dismantling this little thing really makes you realize how amazing they really are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast