Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Traveling with Portable charger

BYTORED

Join
Mar 21, 2018
Will be traveling with Spark and want to utilize the DJI Portable Charging station during travel. I will be flying on Alaska Airlines. I am aware of traveling with the spark and its two batteries but wondering about traveling with the portable charger. Has any one Traveled with their Portable Charging Station?

Or is this something that is really a non issue?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Gary Benzion
I would guess that your airline would be the best people to comment there, as each airline has its own interpretation of the rules governing Lipo batteries.

Travel day today. TSA wanted to unpack and rescan drone. I kept referring to it as a “ Quad copter” when they asked about the “massive amount of electronics” (their words) in my back pack. Drone seems to freak some out as Quad copter seems to be less of a big deal.

So did they let you take it with you in de main cabin, Bytored? My BlueSmart case was refused by Delta having a Li battery inside (not removable, 100Wh) at the gate.

Yes.. Alaska airlines let me take it in cabin.

TSA has another look at it but Alaska was fine with it as it was under the allowable max WH. of 100WH.

From the delta site:

Size Limits for Lithium Batteries:

Passengers are permitted to travel with lithium ion batteries that contain a maximum of 160 watt hours per battery. Any lithium ion battery containing more than 160 watt hours is prohibited from carriage on all passenger aircraft. Lithium ion batteries installed in a personal electronic device can be transported as checked or carry on baggage. Lithium ion batteries not installed in a device (spares) must be in carry-on baggage and no more than two (2) spares between 100 and 160 watt hours are allowed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme