Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Traveling with spark, lipo bags?

thewhatever

Join
Nov 8, 2017
Should you put your spark batteries in a lipo bag and in your hand bag or case when traveling with airplanes?
Are all the lipo bags on amazon accepted by airport security?

I just flew with mine internationally last night.

1. All Lipos must be in your carry on baggage
2. Any batteries not in the Spark need to be carried in a way that prevents shorts etc.

I didn’t use Lipo bags or anything special. Just left them in the Fly-more pack bag and left that in my backpack.

It went through everything just fine.

There’s rumours that the lipo bags don’t X-ray clearly and you may be asked to unpack your bag if it doesn’t scan well.

Thanks, I will tell my cousin to put both batteries in the fly more bag and in her carry bag then. What are the accessories in this bag when buying a fly more combo? Should she keep the charger in this bag too or in her suit case?

I have everything packed in the FlyMore bag and then at the hotel (or home etc) take our the charger etc unless I know I’ll be able to use it. It just saves weight.

If carry on bag weight is an issue just have the RC, AC and Batteries in the carry on and put the rest in the checked bag.

Reactions: thewhatever
Lipo bags (and the drone itself) attract unwanted attention and exaggerate the appearance of danger - so I avoid those bags and leave drone in checked baggage. All loose batteries MUST go in carry on bag.

I cover metal contacts of batteries with electrical tape. Place each in a zip lock bag. Remove battery from Spark. The drone, remote control and charging unit travel in checked baggage.

so I avoid those bags and leave drone in checked baggage. All loose batteries MUST go in carry on bag.
After losing many items in my baggage over the years to our much vaunted TSA I would highly recommend you do not put this expensive technology in checked baggage. I have traveled internationally with it in my carry on baggage (no Lipo Bags) while turned off and seperated in the carry-on. no one even asks about it but Check it, lose it.

After losing many items in my baggage over the years to our much vaunted TSA I would highly recommend you do not put this expensive technology in checked baggage. I have traveled internationally with it in my carry on baggage (no Lipo Bags) while turned off and seperated in the carry-on. no one even asks about it but Check it, lose it.

It really depends what country you are traveling to. Some prohibit drones completely and hold it at the airport until you return. Others make you pay a tax on it believing you are trying to sell it overseas. It pays to do your research for FAA, airline carrier and destination country.

A few rare instances of people not allowed to board flight when employees ignorant of rules or misinterpreting them. I've had to show them printed copy of their own policies on one occasion.

I've never had a checked bag lost by airline. Maybe I'm just lucky. Because if that happened the drone is least of my worries!

Lost baggage is one issue but I was talking about losing items out of the checked baggage. One time they took items and my TSA lock.

I print all receipts of the drone purchase including my FAA docs and print out drone customs laws for the country I am flying to.

I've carried mine on multiple trips now, without hassles. Haven't even had to pull it out of it's bag at the scan terminals.

I will be able to get her to put the batteries in her hand luggagee, but perhaps not the drone.So batteries + propellers guards in the spark bag in her hand luggage, all the rest distributed in her travel baggage. Btw can the spark's hard case contains the extra propellers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf