Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Turning off bottom sensors

Magnetic

Join
Nov 28, 2017
I strapped a FliFli drop servo to my spark today - which is surprisingly light. However even though OA is turned off the blocked sensors cause the drone to continuously ascend into the air and it’s a PITA to lower back.

I read somewhere someone put electrical tape over the sensors - but when I tried that during take off it kept fluttering on the ground almost crashing into the sidewalk.

I know it’s not in DJIGo but was hoping someone knew of another way to turn it off.

I've got Litchi beta app on my Android phone.
There is a setting to turn off bottom sensors, but i've never tried it.

I use it for waypoint missions.
Plan mission offline, upload to Spark when on site.
Check out youtube for details.

That worked! Thanks!!

Attachments

• F6056796-B4FD-43F2-BD8B-10797E21DD25.jpeg
    F6056796-B4FD-43F2-BD8B-10797E21DD25.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
  • 7E6ECBE3-C0EE-4AC6-BFC3-E6DF3C20E334.jpeg
    7E6ECBE3-C0EE-4AC6-BFC3-E6DF3C20E334.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
That worked! Thanks!!
Good for you! If you bought Litchi app, you've got 30% coupon on Airdata.
My annual plan at $32 dropped to $22.. at least first payment.
Litchi will automatically sync your flights to Airdata..

Is litchi worth the $22? - I’ve considered it but never pulled the trigger
YES!!! Mine was $24.99 (probably a lot better than the $22 one) and it is the best money I have spent on my Spark. The Litchi people have their act together. It is everything DJI GO 4 should have been.

I don't have a data plan and I don't have cellular. I bought my LG Stylo 3 to use as a dedicated display/control platform for my drones. I temporarily connect to my home network to get maps and mission information from VLM, otherwise, it has no contact with the outside world.

I believe Litchi has a cleaner interface and presents the information in a more usable manner. I can turn things on or off easily. This thread was supposed to be about turning off bottom sensors and Litchi can easily do that. Litchi supports inexpensive ($10 at WalMart) VR goggles. It has about twice as many intelligent flight modes as DGI GO and I believe they are presented in a better manner. It has HomeLock, which allows you to fly straight toward your Home position without changing altitude. That is pretty useful if you loose sight of your drone and would like to bring it back into view, but you aren't sure what direction to fly to make that happen.

I got a Windows program (VLM) that lets me create missions on my laptop, and then send them to Litchi for flying the waypoint route. It also lets you send it to Google Earth so you can preview the route before you fly it. It is pretty amazing. Here is the link to the info on it:
Virtual Litchi Mission

If I have a problem with Litchi, I can send an e-Mail to their tech support and I will typically have an answer back from a real live person within a couple of hours. Try that with DJI GO.

I feel like I sound like a salesman or shill for Litchi, but that is not the case. I just really like it that much and want to share the news.

So,,, to answer your original questions. "Any benefits to using Litchi without a data plan? Or cellular?" Yes, there are some BIG benefits.

Reactions: Haggi
Those are some interesting facts about Litchi that I have not heard before. Thanks! I have an LG Stylo 3 also. I was going to use it with the Go 4 app but since I already had a bunch of other apps installed in it, my video feed was very laggy. So, I bought an iPad Mini 4 which seemed to be the mobile device most revered at the time. I am seriously considering purchasing Litchi.

Someone here put tape over the sensor and that seemed to work. I think sports mode will disable it as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar