Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

UK or Foriegn drone

AndyW

Join
May 2, 2018
Hi.
I'm in Thailand and can buy a drone for about the same price as back home in the UK.. I'm aware of the warranty restrictions if I bring one back from Thailand and am willing( at the moment) to take that risk.. so, first question...
How many drones require attention within the warranty period.?
2nd question ... is there any benefit of buying a drone here as opposed to the UK. I read something about CE restrictions in the EU. Is the one sold in Thailand superior in some way.
3rd question I want this drone to help in my work. I would like to inspect chimneys. Gutters. Roofs via the live feed and/Or the SIM card ...is this drone suitable for this.

Many thanks

Andy

CE and FCC is location based. FCC is better as it's more powerful. If you fly the drone in an FCC area it will be FCC and if you fly in a CE area it will be CE. It changes based on location, it's not hard programmed into the drone.

Spark is HD 1080 which should be fine for inspections.

27.9% of Sparks require attention in the warranty period but also bear in mind that 87.5% of statistics are made up.

It is possible to fly a Spark bought anywhere in the world in FCC mode in Europe, just have to do your homework.
I had no issue with my Spark but had to return my Mavic Pro Platinum with dodgy compass and dodgy camera right out of the box so I personally would not buy from Asia
The Spark photo quality is as good as the Mavic IMHO so it may well meet your needs.
Andy

Hi.
I'm in Thailand and can buy a drone for about the same price as back home in the UK.. I'm aware of the warranty restrictions if I bring one back from Thailand and am willing( at the moment) to take that risk.. so, first question...
How many drones require attention within the warranty period.?
2nd question ... is there any benefit of buying a drone here as opposed to the UK. I read something about CE restrictions in the EU. Is the one sold in Thailand superior in some way.
3rd question I want this drone to help in my work. I would like to inspect chimneys. Gutters. Roofs via the live feed and/Or the SIM card ...is this drone suitable for this.

Many thanks

Andy

To be honest if its the same price id leave it. I have heard if it has any issues that are covered by warranty it needs to be sent back to the country of purchase to be fixed.

I bought mine from a website called Tobydeals it was £400 for the fly more combo and i've had zero issues the same combo in the UK from amazon at the time was £550 or so. If you are so worried about the warranty id just buy it in the UK for the same price.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe