Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Unique RTH Question

SparkinItUp

Join
Sep 15, 2019
I plan on flying my Spark on top of a cliff that overlooks the ocean/beach. If I set my RTH (30m/100ft) on top of the cliff and fly down the cliff ~150ft below to the beach and the RTH engages, how is that going to work?

As I understand it, your Spark will fly vertically to 100 ft above your launch point (250 get above the beach) and then fly directly back to the home point. All altitudes are measured from the launch point. I'd be interested in what the app records for the altitude when you fly beat the beach. This is all conjecture on my part because I have never flown below the launch point.

If I set my RTH (30m/100ft) on top of the cliff and fly down the cliff ~150ft below to the beach and the RTH engages, how is that going to work?
When RTH is enabled, the current altitude will show -150 feet (or whatever you actually descended to) at the bottom of DJI GO. The aircraft will ascend up to 0 feet and then continue to ascend up to 100 feet (your return to home altitude) before returning to the home point.

Reactions: Haggi and RotorWash
I'd be interested in what the app records for the altitude when you fly beat the beach.
DJI GO and the flight logs will show a negative altitude when flying below the takeoff point.

Reactions: SoccerRef12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef